“Very blah”

Bombay Mahal Restaurant
Ranked #108 of 193 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Went there since we had a coupon. I was disappointed all due to flavor. Chicken Tikka Masala didn't even taste like Chicken Tikka Masala. Just this odd, bland and boring favor. Had another veggie dish that was okay. Onion nan was very blah and super dry. The waiters were nice enough but not overly friendly.

Oh and the rice - HOW does an Indian place mess up rice???? It was clumped together and very bad. I could make a better batch with Uncle Ben's on my stove at home. This place is so blah it is not worth going to when there are other places in Waltham that get rave reviews.

Reviewed July 16, 2008

This was the best indian restaurant i've been to in such a long time. I've tried so many places and all the other restaurants had nothing good to offer. A friend of mine told me about bombay mahal and said it was one of the best he had went to so i had to go try it out for myself. The people there are so friendly and the food was absolutely amazing. I'm never trying a new indian restaruant ever again.. i found my spot
i highly recommend everyone to go try it out
you will not be dissapponted!

1  Thank rubiie786
Reviewed April 10, 2008

a good solid Indian dinner

1  Thank AwesomeK
Reviewed December 9, 2006

I was with my friends and family after Thanksgiving on Friday Waiter Kishen (dark looking big hairs0 took our order and He was very rude and arrogant. They don't know how to take care of valuable coustomers. We had an Important Indian Guest with us.
We are the frequest coustomer of thier Restaurant as we always enjoy Good and Healthy Indian food. Waiter Kishen doesn't know to treat his own Indian Guest. He was ignoring him every time. His fodd was just dumped on a table dish was dirty and filthy. His water glass was never re-fweilled. Food was brought to very very spicy. Infect we asked to make mild. my sister found a big fly in chicken tikka masala, Nan was cold. when we asked about food to heat up he refused us. and walked away and started arguing that I brought hot food at the table.Its your falt.
While paying check we wrote tip on charging slip. He insist us to pay cash Tip because, we don't get tips over here.
I was surprised the way he was treating us. I will never ever recomand Bombay mahal restaurant in Waltham to dine there.
we were very embarrassed .
Need good staff to bring valuable coustomer back.
Food was okay need improvement.

3  Thank donohue
A TripAdvisor Member
Medford
Reviewed October 9, 2005

Worst Indian restaurant I've ever been to. Also, the service was almost as bad at the food. Highly recommend you eat at a fast food restaurant before you go here.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member