“A good place if you are looking for bbq in Waltham”
Review of Bison County

Bison County
Reserve with OpenTable
Bison County is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 197 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Bison County is one of my favorite places in Waltham. They have a great beer selection on tap and they seem to change it up every so often. The food is just amazing.. I like the Arizona Egg Rolls, Sweet Corn Fritters.. the Ribs are awesome and I love their Brisket. Scott the bartender is good and provides good service. They have Stump Trivia on Tuesday's which is challenging and fun.. and the decor is pretty neat. I have been there many times over the past 3 years.. The last time I was there I had their burger and that was really good...

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We went early, like around 6:30 and were seated immediately. We ate at our own pace, starting by sharing BBQ wings and sweet potato fries while having a round of drinks. We then split a Western salad and a half-rack of ribs. My 16 year old had the "Wagon Train," which was Turkey, Steak and Bison tips. The food was fantastic, and the service was wonderful. There was a long line our the door when we left as patrons were queuing up to get a seat.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I have to say I was on the fence about writing this review because I do actually like the food there. I mean it is nothing compared to real North Carolina barbeque but it's not bad. My son likes this place so we went for his 21st birthday. It was a bit busy when we first arrived on a Thursday lunch time. We waited a few minutes at the door not sure if we should wait to be seated or seat ourselves (a sign when you first come in would be useful) the man we were greeted by (if you can call it greeted) told us we could sit anywhere so we found a booth in back. We waited a minute or two and were greeted by the waitress who handed us our menus and took our drink orders as soon as she came back with the drinks (60 seconds) she asked if we were ready to order, we told her we needed a few more minutes. Anyway, we finally ordered and waited and waited for our food. By this time the place had cleared out and we were the only ones left in the restaurant. We were seated near the open kitchen so I could see that our food was sitting there while our waitress was talking to the man who seated us over near the bar, we waited and waited some more. I was tempted to go up and pick up our own damn food since I used to waitress years ago but didn't . Dawn finally broke on Marblehead and she picked up and served us our food. The food was good and thankfully still hot. We ate half and decided to take the other half home. We waited again because she was once again talking to the man at the bar. She came over and packed our food meanwhile giving us the check, not asking us if we wanted coffee/dessert etc. I left her a 20% tip which I shouldn't have! But felt a bit generous since it was my sons birthday. If this restaurant reads their reviews and wonder why their business is bad or could be better it has nothing to do with the food and everything to do with the service.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've been here a few times with co-workers and friends, and this is the best place for Southern-style BBQ on Waltham's Moody Street!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

bison is old school bbq love there ribs and corn bread and there staff there always upbeat and friendly