“Close to home favorite”
Review of Il Capriccio

Il Capriccio
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Capriccio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 189 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Prospect St.
Description: Il Capriccio serves a constantly changing Northern Italian menu featuring local products with an award winning Italian wine and Grappa list. Though long considered a local secret, Il Capriccio has been the number one Northern Italian restaurant in Zagat's for the past seven years. The wine list has been featured in Decanter, Sante, Wine & Spirits and Stuff. The same menu is served in the Bar. We like to serve great food and great wine in a comfortable setting.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Close to home favorite”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I realized that while I often look for out-of-town restaurant recommendations on tripadvisor before I travel I have failed to contribute any of my own for visitors to the Greater Boston area. So here goes.
Il Capriccio is not just my favorite local dining experience, it is one of the best restaurants I have visited anywhere. The food is consistently superb - perfectly prepared, nicely presented and without fail, thoroughly enjoyed! There are generally a number of new and interesting menu options as well as the favorites that regulars have come to expect (if not insist upon). The wine menu is also quite extensive.
While downtown Waltham will never be described as quaint, I have eaten at plenty of restaurants where the beautiful setting couldn't make up for the disappointing food and service. Walk through these doors and settle in for a memorable feast.
Perhaps what I like most about Il Capriccio is that the staff seems genuinely happy to be there, answer your questions and to attend to your desires. It really makes for an enjoyable evening out and I would encourage you to visit if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2012

Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Nice Italian restaurant”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We celebrated my son's birthday at Il Capriccio. Our waitress was very attentive and they already had decorated the table. They have a very interesting menu with more options than a traditional Italian restaurant. Our two teenagers were feeling adventurous and ordered rabbit ravioli as an appetizer, we were more standard and asked for prosciutto. Our main dishes were steak and sea bass. All plates had a nice presentation, texture and bright flavor. Delicious!
They also have an extensive wine list. We ordered a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo which did not disappoint.
We all had a great time.

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great after twenty years”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Il cappriccio catered our wedding in 1992
We were visiting Boston and decided to go there with our boys for dinner.
It was wonderful. Delicious food and a very pleasant atmosphere. It is definitely the place for a special occasion but it is also great for going if you just want a great meal. Very good service without being pretentious .
I had the seared scallops and monkfish
The risotto with lobster was wonderful
We shared two appetizers, the boar sausage and the gnocchi with clams and Stuffed Calamari were very good
Our younger son who is picky was offered a linguine with tomato sauce which he loved
Desserts were a carmelized pear tart with pumpkin ice cream and a warm chocolate
Dessert with mint ice cream.
I do not know much about wines and I am the only one in the family who drinks. The waiter suggested a glass of bubbling white wine which I thoroughly enjoyed
Than you il cappriccio for a very enjoyable evening.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Cozy place with great food”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Only bad thing was the bread, the food and wine menu are impeccable and the service was good. We had the Gnocchi and Lobster risotto along with the Tuna Tartar and everything was delicious.

• Visited December 2012
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Totally reliable”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been going happily to Il Capriccio for years, and we are certain we have never had a disappointing meal there. Richie, the chef owner, is uniformly generous and always insures both perfect service and perfect preparations. The menu does not change enormously, but always offers a nice variety and every entree is worth a visit. The staff has worked there loyally for years and always gives good advice. They have an outstanding Italian wine selection. You cannot have a disappointing meal here.

• Visited November 2012