“Pretty Solid Hotel for Business Travel”

Courtyard Boston Waltham
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
“Pretty Solid Hotel for Business Travel”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Look and Feel - It's a Courtyard - nothing too fancy - not like a hipster hotel in the City - the decor is pretty modern but a few years dated, overall the place is kept nice and clean.

Fitness Area - open 24hrs; decent equipment

Pool / Hot Tub Area - open until 11, Hot tub is nice and warm - probably about 102 degrees; pool too small for swimming laps, but does have a handicapped accessible lift

Rooms - Clean, mini-fridge shower has hot water. The toilet in my room didn't flush well at first, but I contacted maintenance and they fixed it up in short order.

Bistro / Eats - not bad, Starbucks coffee, they have beer and other alcoholic beverages, sandwiches and nice little meals - nothing fancy, but solid.

Parking - decent, not a ton of it - but better than a lot of Boston.

Staff - friendly and accommodating.

Overall - it's nice that it is near the 95 and 90 freeways, so you can get places quickly. You are about 20 mins from Boston proper and there are places to eat and shop in the area. If you are a family looking for a decent place to stay at a reasonable rate outside of the city, this isn't a bad choice - and if you are a business traveler and have to go to Forefront Center for Meetings & Conferences, this place is just down the block. It's clean, decent food onsite, hot water in the shower and hot tub (a surprising rarity now-a-days - I have stayed at places for twice the price with cold showers). It's not going to blow your mind with uniqueness, but they deliver solidly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in July and was pleasantly surprised. It was a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Very clean and well decorated. It id easy access to the city by train via the Riverside station.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaimebas
Grafton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I honestly cannot say enough great things about this hotel- My now husband and I booked a block of rooms for our April wedding and Lisa Wowianko in the sales department was nothing but accommodating and professional. Not only that but the hotel is clean and the staff is friendly.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a block of rooms for their upcoming nuptials!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I stopped here on a house-hunting trip in Waltham. The location is convenient, the facilities clean and well maintained. Fitness room was well equipped. Check-in was rather slow: there was only one agent doing the check-in. There was another person at the second front desk computer, pecking away while artfully ignoring the folks in line. The front desk agent explained that the other person was from housekeeping..... So why was she at the front desk??? Irritating. The lobby bar is open and inviting, with friendly and helpful bartenders. Wine selection was great. Ongoing construction limited the available parking, however. Nonetheless we did find a cozy "bed" for our car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Orso52
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Nice hotel is a very good location, convenient for business and greater Boston activities, the Mass Pike and Interstate Route 128/95. The desk staff are gracious and very helpful. The lobby restaurant is open, roomy, with room to spread out and work without interruption. Oddly though, room staff were knocking on the door at 8 am trying to enter the room. I did hear them at the door as I was in the bathroom, and was able to prevent entry. However, that is really too early to disturb clients, unless you specifically know they have left on business or checked out. So be sure to use your "Do Not Disturb" sign!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank capecodrev
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights and this is the best 4* hotel I've ever stayed at. Everything worked, the best service I've ever received and nothing missing. Great beds, spotless rooms and facilities and I didn't have to ask for anything. A lot of thought has gone into the whole experience. The gym has clean towels on display, water to drink and decent facilities. The rooms have a good iron and ironing board. Difficult to get out of bed in the morning because it's that snug and warm. Some colleagues struggled to control the room temperature but I never had any such issues. Colleagues tell me it's the best hotel around here when comparing the competition in the same price range. Some poor colleagues were put up in the holiday inn express next door and the best Western.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Winthrop, ME
Reviewed June 4, 2014

It was hard to put a number on this rating. The hotel itself was very nice - decent restaurant, free Wi-fi, comfy bed, quiet, convenient, and friendly. However, after the long drive to get there, I crashed in the late afternoon for an hour, and as the room was still warm, was wearing only a t-shirt. I barely heard the knock on the door, but woke up quickly when the door OPENED and I heard a man walking in! Apparently he was a staff member sent to "fix the faceplate on my phone." He was legit, as he did this task in a my daughter's room next door, but his entry into my room was entirely inappropriate and made me feel unsafe in the hotel. Granted, I had not put a Do Not Disturb tag on the door handle, but I had had no idea a staff member would attempt to enter my room an hour after I checked in. He should not have entered the room without confirming my ok - what if I was on the toilet or in the shower, or getting dressed with music or headphones on? I will not stay here again - there are a half dozen other similarly priced hotels within a block of this place, and I have never had that happen anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Laura B
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Laura B,

We are truly very sorry about the interruption you experienced during your stay here and want you to rest assured that this is not a regular occurrence at our hotel. You are absolutely right--no member of our staff should be entering a guestroom after it is occupied for your safety, and our mistake in doing so is inexcusable. We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to try to make this up to you. If you would like to discuss this incident further or if you are willing to give us another try, please email me at mgagnon@plhghotels.com. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Melissa Gagnon