“Nice Marriot”

Courtyard Boston Waltham
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed one night and had a nice time. Very clean rooms, a nice little hot tub. My only complaint would be the television remote.....lol. I know that sounds crazy but it was annoying trying turn up the volume and changing channels with a crappy remote. (and no the batteries where not dead).Slept great in the king sized bed. Fast checkout....great staff.......

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a good hotel, with well decorated public area and room. The room I had was very quiet and comfortable, but I wish that the hotel had a room with two double beds, because I stayed over with my son while attending a family gathering and I ended up sleeping on the pull out sofabed at least one night. That would not have been an issue if we had two beds.

The hotel is not far from downtown Boston, but it helps to have a car to at least get you to the train/trolley lines. You can then take them into Boston itself and avoid having to park in the expensive downtown areas.

The hotel rate was a bit cheaper, probably due to not having a free breakfast. The Bistro served a good breakfast, but the prices of most items canceled out the savings on the room. I had the hot oatmeal and was pleasantly surprised with how many things I got that I could add to my oatmeal (milk, nuts, cranberries, brown sugar).

One of my quibbles was with the free in room coffee/tea. The room comes with a Keurig machine, but there was no tea. I have been to doctor's offices and have seen that there are K -cups with Green tea, etc. so I know that they could have provided either K-cups or even plain old tea bags.

My other quibble is with the conditioner provided in the bathroom. The tube is ridiculously small. I'm a guy and I don't have long hair, but I couldn't even get enough to do my hair with. I suggest that you bring your own conditioner with you especially if you have long hair.

In spite of the quibbles this is still a good hotel and a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Archiva
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I used trip advisor to find this hotel and see what it was really like! Great hotel! Very clean. The staff were very kind and accomadating. I would definitely stay there again. The rooms are really clean and have a nice decor. The hotel was only about 20 or 30 minutes from downtown Boston and various restaurants. The hotel also had it's own restaurant; "The Bistro" which served really great food as well. I would recommend anyone to stay here when visiting Boston. It's in a nice suburb and is overall a great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms. Great service. Close to highways and Boston. Bistro is a nice touch but a complimentary continental breakfast would have been nice. Only small negative. Everything else was top notch. Super nice and comfortable rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in June 2013 with my mother, sister, and 5 week old baby. I wanted to make sure we stayed at a good hotel because of the baby, and this was perfect. We arrived late after a 14 hour drive up from Massachusetts to visit family. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very modern, clean, and comfortable. We got an excellent deal on this hotel through Name Your Own Price on Priceline, and it did not disappoint. Very easy access to highways and everywhere in Eastern MA that we needed to go. I would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel = AWESOME. Recently renovated and exceptionally clean. I only encountered great service - from the staff to the service folks. Loved the overall layout with a convenient underground garage and the common area was well thought out and very welcoming and engaging. The rooms were large and a very pleasing choice of materials, design lines and colors. And if not enough - what a plus: Free - and FAST - WiFi. My d-load speeds were super fast: at 18.7Mbps download (http://t.co/KZzxSsR0FY). All of my other stays at other Marriotts or other hotels have well been sub-3Mbps.

I wish the bathtub was deeper to allow for a soaking bath, but I understand that this is not so much the culture here in America and to help make up for that, the hotel does have a nice jet spa tub near their exercise room which neighbors their courtyard that has a nice fire pit.

I highly recommend this hotel not only for the reasons noted above but the location is very convenient to the highway on/off ramp and exceptionally close to Waltham based businesses.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Beautiful decor both in the lobby and the rooms. They have a gigantic TV in the lobby. The bed and pillows were actually comfortable. The best part by far was the shower. It was perfect for recharging.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends