New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Dalton, Massachusetts
“A Wonderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard Boston Waltham just last night. It had been a very stressful drive to get there, taking more than twice as long as is usual for me, due to heavy traffic on the MA Turnpike. This caused me to miss a seminar that I had registered for, that was taking place at the hotel. The front desk staff was kind enough to take a written message for the seminar leader, and later made sure to inform me that it had been hand delivered to her.
As I checked in, I noticed the lobby to be spacious, with attractive furniture, and very good lighting. The front desk staff were very pleasant, and check in was swift. I had asked for a room near to the elevator when I reserved the room (which I've done before at other hotels, only to find myself in the room furthest away from the nearest elevator!) and was pleasantly surprised when I got off of the elevator and found my room directly across the hall.
The room was huge, and impeccably clean. A king sized bed, sleeper sofa, and large comfy chair and ottoman were my choices to relax and unwind on. There was a large flat screen TV, and a desk, and a window that could actually be opened to allow air in! The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of extra pillows. A Keurig coffee maker with coffee and fixings was available in the room, as well as an ironing board and iron,and a hairdryer.
The bathroom was spotless, and lovely. Shampoo, conditioner, and soaps were offered, and the decor was very pretty. (and did I mention, spotlessly clean?)
There were even written directions in the room, for easy access to local highways. At check in, I was also given a large list of local restaurants to choose from.
The patio, just off of the lobby, was very inviting, and featured a fire pit and comfy chairs.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to either single travelers, or families, as there is certainly plenty of space for a few people in each room.
What a lovely hotel, with warm, caring staff!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Sheri,

Thank you for staying with us in Waltham and thank you for the many nice things you have to say about our Courtyard hotel. As you saw, our lobby was renovated last winter and we added the Bistro restaurant and the fire pit out on the patio. This upcoming winter, we will be renoavting our guestrooms, so I'm sure you'll be even more pleased with our product once that is complete in early 2012.

As you and I know, service is where hotels really can succeed, and I'm glad to see that our staff was able to assist you exceptionally in many different ways.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in Waltham soon.

Dan Gregorio, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
NY, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was thoroughly impressed with the Courtyard Boston Waltham at which I stayed for 2 nights at the end of September 2011. The hotel front desk & cafe staff was extremely hospitable & friendly and the guestroom was very clean & room. The enormous lobby was accomodating and comfortable. I would absolutely stay here again based on ease, customer service and price.

Valhalla, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

My family and I booked a weekend getaway in the Boston area. Upon arriving, We found the Hotel we booked was a dump. Nothing as it looked on their website. Dirty lobby and hallways. Exterior doors would not lock, room was filthy and smelled of cigaret smoke ( we were to get a non-smoking room). We felt extremely unsafe and refused to stay there and now found ourselves with no room at 11pm at night. May I add, this was not a cheap hotel.

We walked into the Marriott Courtyard in Waltham and told the person behind the desk that night what just happened to us. Not only were we lucky enough to get a room. He went WAY out of his way to make my family feel welcomed and comfortable. He went as far as to light the fire pit out side on their patio so we could relax a bit before going to bed. He offered us coffee from their coffee bar and continued to give us excellent recommendations for our Boston visit that weekend.

I spoke to the General Manager that following morning to commend the evening employee and thanked him for his wonderful staff. He also went out of his way and made sure our stay was nothing but pleasurable.

The hotel was beautiful and clean. The entire staff was wonderful! I will definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone staying within the Boston area.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at this property on Sept 24th. My request for an early check-in was accommodated though we were placed in a handicap room. The pool is very small and the temperature was cooler than I have experienced at other properties. The hot tub is large and the temperature was excellent for a long soaking. There is not a buffet breakfast offered at this hotel. Instead they offer a made to order breakfast where you order your food at a counter or chose from pre-made items then bring them to a table. The cost was very expensive for what is really a counter service meal at about $10.00 for 2 eggs and bacon. The coffee in the lobby ran out and was not refilled during the 20-30 minutes I was having breakfast despite telling the front desk. The shower in our room leaked when we tried to use it. A maintenance person was sent up but he said he did not have the tools to fix the leaks. As a result I tied towels around the leaks so we could take a shower. No follow-up call regarding the problem was done by the management. Overall this hotel is ok. However I would not stay at this property again.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Dear "edfc",

I want to apologize on behalf of our hotel that we were unable to provide you with a satisfactory stay. As you may or may not know, all Courtyard Marriott's are converting to the Bistro restaurant in their lobbies for breakfast and dinner service, and the buffet breakfast is no longer available. About half of all Courtyard's are already converted to the new concept, and the others are expected to all be converted by mid-2013.

I am glad you enjoyed our hot tub and that is was at a temperature that was comfortable for you. I will have my engineering team look into the temperature of the pool to make sure it is at the correct level.

I also want to apologize for not being able to fix your shower head during your stay. Although I'm sure my team has fixed it by now, if you would like to contact me directly, I would be curious to know the room you were in to make sure we have successfully fixed the issue.

If you have any additional concerns or questions, and would like to speak with me directly, please feel free to call me (781-419-0948) or email me (dgregorio@parklodgehotels.com) at your convenience.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you continue to choose Marriott for your future stays.

Dan Gregorio, General Manager
minnesota, usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

This Marriott is positioned for easy access off the interstate or via smaller, side roads. There are restaurants and shopping within a few miles. Best part of it is free! coffee in the lobby. Marriott is not known for this and it was the best feature.

Good beds, clean rooms, lovely decor and the staff at the front desk were very helpful with travel plans and directions. Underground parking (it was raining on our trip)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Had a very good stay at the Courtyard in Waltham. Easy access right off 128/I-95 and well placed for travel to Boston and Framingham. The hotel staff were all friendly and welcoming, and the room was good-sized, immaculately clean, and very comfortable. The air conditioning unit, however, was quite noisy and there was a problem with the television -- it kept turning itself on! Also, the ceiling paint was peeling a bit in the bathroom. But these are all minor critiques.
The Bistro in the lobby was excellent, both for an evening hot chocolate and for breakfast. Great staff and good food. But it is very, very expensive.
Overall - a very good hotel and I would stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank explore with more
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
"explore with more",

Thank you for taking the time to write so many nice things about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that our staff, from the front desk to the Bistro restaurant, were very accommodating to you.

I do want to apologize, regarding the A/C noise and the television turning on and off on its own. My engineering team will be looking into this to make sure it is fixed for all future guests.

I'm glad to hear you would stay with us again in Waltham should you return.

Thanks again,
Dan Gregorio, GM
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip. My boss picked it, but it ended up being a nice hotel that I would go back to. We ate right down the street. Nice breakfast area

• Stayed June 2011