“Best Spot We Found!”

Mad Raven
Ranked #43 of 193 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: American, Irish
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I had to travel to Boston a few times last year (about 5 I think) and each and every time we went out of our way to eat here and join them for Trivia night (if we were able to make it that particular night). This place was the number one thing we looked forward to visiting. Until we have a chance to visit again we will miss being able to eat and play at the Mad Raven! I wish we did not live so far away!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Took my daughter and her boyfriend for dinner after a game. OK. Nothing special. Entrees were strong; appetizers were weak. Gumbo was made by someone who's never tasted gumbo; fried pickles were too heavily battered. On the plus side, the bacon-stuffed burger, steak tips and pork chop entrees were all quite good. Choice of sides was limited though, mostly different types of potatoes. Service was OK. Friendly, but forgetful of refilling water glasses. Bottom line: the place to go if the wait is too long at the place you really want to go.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I don´t usually expect much out of bars. As long as they have serve their beer in glass and not plastic, I´ll go! This bar, however, is wonderful. The food is consistent and great for bar food. The ambiance is simple, but great. I especially love the breeze from the windows in the summer time. Service is wonderful both at the bar and in the restaurant. Even when they make mistakes, they are polite and eager to fix it. This is one of my favorite places to just stop by to have a drink, watch a game or just catch up with friends. If you want a 5 star restaurant restaurant skip Mad Raven, but if you´d like to save a few bucks and enjoy an evening stop on in! Also, you can find healthy options here if you can ignore the allure of the more heavy bar foods on the menu.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here while visiting Boston on a Sunday. The place was dead. The food came out pretty quickly except when dessert was ordered. The waitress said the cook was being slow. It seemed like they were under staffed. Our waitress mixed up our order of onion rings for fries but overall not a bad place to go. Decently priced. Ok food nothing to write home about though.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Took the wife out while traveling in the area. We had a great server / barmaid who made us comfortable and welcome. The drinks were fantastic and the food better than expected from a pub environment. If you are looking for a good place to watch a game and grab a bite, this is the spot!