Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$90
View deal
Expedia.com$90
Hotels.com$90
Tripadvisor$90
Priceline
Agoda.com$90
Hurb$95
All reviews front desk clerk home away from home bed was comfortable boston area mariano maintenance
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2017

The hotel staff was not friendly especially when you go to the wrong desk. Everything worked in the room however walking down the hall ways I could smell something that resembled a day care. Festering apple juice and animal crackers. Sometimes I'd get a strong whiff of tobacco smoke. Cable and TV worked and everything else was in fair condition in the room. Had to search for the trash can.

Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is disappointing you were not able to provide us with a better rating. Please know we have strict quality control standards which are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. The cleanliness and the condition you describe is unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. We are meeting with staff members to discuss this situation and reiterate the importance of impeccable customer service and attention to detail. We invite you to come back and validate the changes we will be implementing and to experience the stay you expect and deserve.

Hotel Management

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Customer service was horrible the lady islemda was very rude unprofessional and had on dirty street clothes. Took 40 min to check me in before saying she made a mistake an asked to see my receipt so she could charge me correctly. I asked to cancel the reservation she said I was checked in and it was late so I can leave she can kick me out or me an my girlfriend can go upstairs and figure out something . I finally got to my room and it was filthy trash was in the bin toilet and tub were still visibly dirty and the bed wasn't tightly made as if someone had taken a nap on it. I requested a new room an was hung up on I requested a refund of my money an to leave an was hung up on. My girlfriend requested cups soap toothpaste and was told they would be brought to my room and never was. I called back and was yelled at for calling back and hung up on by this islemda lady (heavy set Spanish woman) my girlfriend had to go down stairs and wait for her to finish arguing with another customer. This was a horrible experience mainly due to the customer service that was never provided I've requested my money back several times already I really hope you all can fix these issues $15 more I could of stayed at the Hilton where my girlfriend suggested so no the money wasn't worth it in the least bit

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the cleanliness and service issues you encountered while here. I have shared your concerns with the respective teams, and we have taken actions to ensure that we do not repeat these issues in the future. We are reviewing the situation as a training tool to improve our procedures and to ensure this does not happen again. We understand the frustration and truly hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

I was not greeted when I walked into the lobby. The clerk was friendly once it was my turn to check in. It was a long wait since there was only one person working and there were several people ahead of me. The bed comforter was extremely thin and looked old. There was a chocolate brown curtain which served as the closet door. The decor was straight out of the 1970s. The material on the bathtub floor was peeling up. There was no desk so I had to sit at the bar to do my work. The bed and pillows were not comfortable. Overall the room felt dirty.

Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Rebecca, it is disheartening to read we didn’t live up to our typical standards. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, we are extremely sorry we miserably failed in your case. Be assured your concerns have been shared with the appropriate teams to take necessary actions. We regret the inconvenience caused, and please consider giving us another chance so we can make a favorable impression of our hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

The location of the hotel was wondering, we were close to the grocery stores, great family restaurants n apple cinema. Good stay in waltham, the hotel staffs were friendly n warm, which made our stay more comfortable. Thanks

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Sandara, thank you for staying at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave. We are thrilled to read you loved our courteous service and convenient location which was perfect for your needs. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Upon arrival I didn't FEEL welcomed by anyone in the front lobby area. I had load my own luggage onto to the dolly and arkwardly push/pull it to my room, thankfully I was on the first floor, and then back to the front desk. I had to make two trips to the front desk to get utensils for the kitchen - instead of someone from guests services bringing it to my room.
We were running late when it was time for check out. Normally someone from the front offices calls to see if everything is fine when we run into situations like this. Thank goodness we had the door chain on because right at 11 AM someone attempted to open the door while we're showering and getting to leave. 5 mins later our door is getting banged on by the manger, Ashley and some man, who is rushing us out of room & then accuses me of my room smelling like weed! & proceeds to tell me she's cheating me for a smoking fee. After she left and went to the front desk she called the room to say we had 5 mins to leave the room or else the police were getting called. I felt accosted and stereotyped to say the least. We didn't feel as though Ashley had any intentions of talking to us about the weed accusation. This is honestly the worst experience from beginning to end that I have experimented while travel in or out of the U.S.

Date of stay: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.