“Business travelers beware!”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Business travelers beware!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have been at this hotel for almost 10 weeks due to a corporate relocation-thank heavens my new apartment will be ready in 10 days! As previous reviewers have mentioned, it is like living in the projects when you stay here. There is no attempt to cater to business travelers and the hotel is dirty and smells like a well-used ashtray. The welfare people let their kids scream and play whenever they want and the parents love to congregate in the parking lot outside my window, smoke cigarettes and scream at each other. People regularly smoke in this hotel and the front desk does nothing about your complaints of this or of the noise factor. What this hotel really needs is an armed guard! The last straw was when the maid came to my room on her weekly visit and told me I should take my own trash out. What???? I am a paying guest and I don't think it's too much to ask if the staff takes out the garbage since I get so little for my money. Heck, my microwave hasn't worked the entire time I have been here, even though somebody supposedly fixed it. As everyone else has said, the air conditioning sucks and my refrigerator looks and sounds like it went 10 rounds and lost.

I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel and I've made sure to let my corporation know my displeasure. 10 days and counting......

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Liljazzmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Co Clare, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We booked this for a family vacation in Boston - having stayed in the adjacent Hyatt a few years previously under a different name.

I had called twice in advance to say that we wanted adjoining rooms as we are a family group - on both occasions the person on the desk was very helpful and said that this was noted on the reservation. When we arrived we discovered that the hotel does not have any adjoining rooms!

It became apparent that there were a lot of "non traditional" guests in the Hotel very quickly. We discovered from a local paper that there were 150 families saying there being funded by the state in lieu of local government housing. While I understand these families need to stay somewhere the hotel had a 'project" feel: not what I am looking to be in the middle of during a a family vacation.

The hotel is quite shabby and the rooms have basic kitchen facilities - no oven and two rings cooker - not really enough to cook for a family.

We were due to stay two weeks but made alternative arrangements as quickly as we could and left and won't ever be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ballyheefy_traveller
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are very sorry that you and your family did not have a pleasant experience with us and that we were unable to accommodate your room request. We will be working with our staff to make sure we are properly informing our guests of our various room types. We are also scheduled for a renovation to improve our hotel and our guests' experiences.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at whm2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience.

Travelers are raving about these Waltham hotels

Travelers also viewed these Waltham hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.
The Westin Waltham-Boston
BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel
BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel
#7 of 11 in Waltham
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
HYATT house Boston/Waltham

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave? Share your experiences!