“Not a lot of bang for buck”

Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bangor, United States
“Not a lot of bang for buck”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel use to be a very nice hotel for rooms and restaurant. It's been several years of packed rooms and beds need an update. Pillow tops on beds are worn out and hard as rock now. Restaurant menu is stale and needs a refresh. Rate have also gong from 149 to 179 range to 239 to 259 range with no extra bang for the buck.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hi, Kevin N.
I'm very sorry to hear that you don't see more value in our property. We did complete a full renovation in early 2013 which included new mattresses. In general, rates in the Waltham area have expanded significantly in the past two years. I think that if you compare our hotel to others, you will find that we are one of the best values in the area.

Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have stayed a number of times at this Hilton Garden Inn (Waltham) and I continue to be favorably impressed. Compliments to the breakfast wait staff. They were very courteous and helpful and friendly. A good reflection on the hotel management. Both mornings I had a positive experience which made my stay more pleasant. I also want to compliment Emily at the front desk who checked me in. I was quite early due to changed travel plans. Within 30 minutes she had my room cleaned and ready for me – I was very impressed and appreciative. Hotel is very clean and pleasant. I will be back next week and I look forward that visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
JM, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Your comments on our staff have been shared with the team and are very much appreciated. Emily is a recent Employee of the Month award winner and is a great asset to our hotel. Please be sure to stay with us again, if you are in the area.

-Tim
Waterford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed one night on Thanksgiving. Hotel, in general, and room, in particular, were very clean. Breakfast was somewhat chaotic, but the positive attitude of the staff was outstanding. I would definitely go back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn over Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel is a typical moderate quality hotel. The rooms are clean. The people working at the hotel friendly and the service decent. It is nice that parking and wi-fi are free and the tv has HBO. I would recommend it to someone travelling on a budget looking for good value.The place is very kid friendly.

Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here on a trip to Boston, Massachusetts because it was right outside the city and cheaper than staying in Boston. I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inns in the past and they always do a great job. When we checked in we told the front desk worker that we were stuck in so much traffic from driving to Pennsylvania to Massachusetts. He was extremely nice when he gave us free complimentary coupons to the hotel breakfast since we had a rough day. How nice that people care about their jobs enough to help out guests! It was very surprising and we were thankful!

Our hotel room was very clean. All Hilton Garden Inns that I've stayed at supply a microwave which is a nice touch. The hotel was undergoing renovations in the front lobby of the hotel but that didn't cause any interruptions on our trip. It was a little noisy in the lobby of the hotel one night but that was because there was a wedding or some sort of celebration taking place in one of the ballrooms. We only heard the noise while in the front entrance.

In the morning breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the different food options! I would definitely choose this place if you want efficiency and a great location close to the city of Boston!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Boston hotels are a bit expensive, so I stayed in Waltham, about 20 minutes from Boston. This hotel was a good surprise for me. It is a 3 star hotel but the rooms are large, confortable and clean, and the staff is very simpathetic. I really thought I was in a 4 star hotel... I recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Atilio A
Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Atilio,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Sometime, the hotel star rating doesn't quite match up with the experience. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit us again.

Warm Regards,
Kingston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was surprised, thinking that as a Hilton this would be a good hotel, the bed was very uncomfortable, the coffee maker did not work, we were 3 floors above the banquet room where there was a party going on it was very very very loud. The breakfast/buffet was very confusing, there were no prices, no menus and no helpful servers. I would not recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for our missteps and the noise issues you encountered. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.