“Not what I expected”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was surprised, thinking that as a Hilton this would be a good hotel, the bed was very uncomfortable, the coffee maker did not work, we were 3 floors above the banquet room where there was a party going on it was very very very loud. The breakfast/buffet was very confusing, there were no prices, no menus and no helpful servers. I would not recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for our missteps and the noise issues you encountered. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dundrum, Ireland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here for business in October 2013. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. The staff were extremely pleasant and the hotel was perfect for my need. Good breakfast, free Wifi, well appointed rooms. Free coffee and water in the lobby and cookies. Good gym as well and right beside a park for a run.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Also, thank you for posting your positive experience on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again in the future.

Warm Regards,
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This will be my 2nd stay at the Hilton garden inn in Waltham, MA. I'm very pleased to say that the stay just gets better every time. They have always accommodated my room requests and have even wrapped up food and wine from an event held at the hotel and sent it up to my room!
John Mohan, manager, has been tremendous to work with from setting us up with a great conference room at un unbeatable price and without having previously reserved it to making sure all the tech in the room worked. If you are looking for a great hotel in Waltham, with great service and accommodations, look no further.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Roberto,
Jon was very grateful to read your comments about his service. Thank you for taking the time to notice the efforts of our staff during your stay.

Naperville
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting the Boston area for a volleyball tournament at Brandeis University.
The staff was accommodating and eager to assist either the parents or the team representatives.
I thought the hotel was:
-clean
- had ample free parking
- has a decent bar for an evening or after work drink
- the $12.95 breakfast is tasty and offers lots of combinations

The afternoon cookies were a welcome treat.
Two things that could have been better. There was a large plastic bag of dirty linens and a few wine glasses left in our hall for an entire day and night. The other thing was group party in a conference room on the main floor and we could hear the music on the 4th floor. I can't believe guests on 2 could sleep at all.
All-in-all I would stay here again.
Another thing, there is a decent restaurant across the street named Naked Fish. I had the talipia tacos and thought they were good.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room. Noise from the lobby area travels.
Green Features: They do the normal bath towels on the floor gat changed, on a hook they will leave them..
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our family had a great 2 night stay here. Hotel is very new and modern, nice lounge space. We used the pool and it was very nice. The rooms are very nice and spacious, great shower. Nice touch that they have free coffee and lemon water in the lobby and warm baked cookies at the end of the day. The room was also reasonably priced for the area. The staff was excellent and very helpful - I could not ask for more. The only negative is that breakfast is not included (is available for purchase...)

Ottawa
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Checked in Monday Nov 4th for the week.

What more can I say. I have been a Platinum ICH member for more than 5 years and have recently changed to the Hilton group of hotels as Crowns Plaza/Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express have priced themselves above market pricing for their facilities .

I travel to Boston/Waltham every two weeks for work as our HQ is located in this Boston suburb and I'm now using this specific Hilton Garden Inn in Waltham as my first choice. Staff at this facility are very friendly (thanks Josie and Debie in the restaurant) and the front desk staff for their smiles and politeness. Facility has all the amenities for the business traveller , very clean, comfortable rooms with climate controls that work.

Based on my experience in the last year with the Hiltons , I'm going to use this group as my preferred for my global travel. As a corporate Sales Training Program Manager of a Fortune 300 company, I travel globally and would rate this hotel a 5 Star facility in the affordable business travel hotels of Boston.

Kudos to the management of this facility for training their staff and keeping a good work atmosphere. Happy employee's means great customer service and this is why I'll be using this hotel in the future.

Cheers

Steph Durette

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WOW! What a great response. We are very appreciate of the praise and I'm especially happy that we have been able to convert you to the Hilton brand. You worked very hard for your loyalty status with IHG, and we would love to match your status with our Hilton program. Please contact me to get that going.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I NEVER give 10's, and this establishment earned every one of 'em. I especially appreciated the courtesy and professionalism of all the staff. Each person exceeded my expectations, which, to me, means they have excellent management. Quiet, comfortable, and an excellent location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear your praise of our staff. Excellent service is our number 1 focus and comments like yours keep us motivated. We hope to host you again in the future.