“First Tea”

The Tea Leaf
Ranked #2 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Waltham
Cuisines: European
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was my first tea, my wife has been before at different locations, I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the Tea Leaf. The tea leaf was an experience I have never enjoyed before. We started with a pot of tea each, I had Earl Grey, my wife had lemon ginger tea , both brewed to perfection. We were first served a warm scone ,the best I ever had. We then went into a variety of finger sandwiches and deserts , all of which were unique and very tasty. The service was warm friendly and excellent. the location is unique, a small shop with a million interesting teas and books and related items to browse through. I would recommend The Tea Leaf for a great Sunday afternoon experience !!

2  Thank David M

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I Take my Mom to the Tea Leaf and it is always a great experience. There is a huge assortment of teas, and the food is excellent. The afternoon tea for two is to die for. Sally always comes up with interesting and tasty foods and makes you feel like you are a guest in her living room. There are also interesting items for sale and some great hats to have fun trying on. If you are looking for a comfortable, quiet and cozy lunch with excellent food, don't miss the Tea Leaf!

1  Thank 2lareaus
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This tiny restaurant/tea shop/curio shop/clothing and handbag store is a delight. Everywhere you look there is something, including a tripadvisor decal on the door. Nestled within are about eight tables. The abundant (one full pot per person) tea is served as high tea with scones, sandwiches, and sweets towered on a three-tiered tray. Sally, the friendly, vivacious owner, provides attentive, but not intrusive service. There is no pressure to leave. It is quite okay to linger, to eat, to rest, to eat more, to sip tea, to sip more tea.... I am planning to go back soon. What more can I say than to vote with my feet.

1  Thank Saussy
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Right in Waltham, on Moody Street, is a lovely little tea room that encourages quiet conversation along with great tea time food and the opportunity to buy items for your home, including tea pots, and all things tea!
Parking - you can park on Moody Street, or find per hour parking nearby
Seating - I would guess that there are maybe 5 tables that could sit 4 people at each table. I may be off 1 table.
Arrivals - reservations are necessary, but Sally, the owner, could not be more accommodating!I have seen parties there as well, for various occasions, and children accompanied by adults.
Atmosphere - The Tea Leaf is small, cozy, with more tea than you could imagine! There must be at least 20 brands of tea available, and over 70 varieties of tea! Is has a Victorian flavor about it, with lovely classical music playing in the background.
Tea - I love tea, and in the summer, Sally makes a slightly sweetened iced tea (I love rooibos , lemongrass and other teas. She puts the iced tea in a mason jar - very cool! There are as many varieties and kinds of tea as you can think of!
Lunch - Sometimes you can get the tea sandwiches on a 3 tiered plate, or on a plate. Among the varieties of sandwiches are egg salad, chicken salad, fish (yummy) and cucumber /cream cheese. This sometimes changes. I don't have a pic but Sally also offers soups and small quiches (I love them!)
Dessert - Oh my! Take a look at the cranberry scone - I put a splenda packet near it to show how BIG this scone is, with clotted cream (made by Sally) and jam as well!
Extras - I LOVE to poke around the shop, look at the art work on the wall, or the teas and other fare, and one of my ULTRA favorite things is my little card purse. It houses my cards, in alphabetical order, and I can reach them quickly! (Think of a recipe holder, but for credit cards, etc.) There are many colors, from black to designs. Here is the example of my favorite!
In conclusion, this small treasure offers casual tea lunch, with a cozy homey atmosphere, and the persona touch, offered by Sally herself!
I hope the pics tell the story and show what you get if you stop by!

1  Thank Sandym17

Been to The Tea Leaf? Share your experiences!