“Great place--some challenges”

Crescent Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is a well run place that offers good value for the money. While it is near the river, it is by no mean "bucolic" being located next to an auto repair shop. The breakfast is great and the staff is very helpful. I had to move rooms 3 times due to reservation issues, and ended up one night in a local short-term stay apartment owned by the same management, which was decidedly less pleasant, so I'd suggest you not accept that offer if presented to you. Overall good value and I'd return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Stayed at the Crescent Suites while traveling for business in the Boston area. It is a great place to stay outside of town, clean, quiet, great breakfasts and even a working kitchen with all the utensils to make a nice dinner rather than eating out every night. The two flat screen TV’s and the walk in shower made you really feel like you were coming home. My only complaint was that there was not enough good lighting in the living room, a desk lamp is needed if you are working with a laptop.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Crescent Suites is in a residential neighborhood so the interstate highway traffic is not an issue. The rooms are spacious. The shower head is high (helps when you are 6'5"!). The beds are very comfy. The only negative.. there are only blinds on the windows so the room is bright and sunny at 5am... if you are into that, it won't be a negative to you, but I prefer to sleep in a dark room until I am ready to wake up!

They offer a great breakfast area with a nice offering of eggs, sausage/bacon, potatoes and various pastries.. and it is included in the rate!

Would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2010

My husband found a job in Lexington, MA so he, our six year old daughter and myself stayed at the Crescent Inn hotel for about one month while we looked for our own place. We moved from Portland, Oregon. What a wonderful place to land while we were looking for a permanent residence. The rooms are clean and quiet. Michael thought of everything when he built this place. As soon as you enter the lobby there is a restroom. The shower heads are tall and water pressure is strong. You can park your car in the garage under the hotel and are provided with an automatic garage door opener. You can drive in, unload the car and take the elevator to your room without getting rained, snowed on. The breaksfasts consist of a real hearty meal and Michael makes an excellent cappuccino.
I would call Michael, his family and staff friends. They really made our transition to the East coast enjoyable. This has been the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I have visited many. p.s. Michael is also a great cook, so is his son. Also the mattresses are incredible. Sincerely, Heather Chamberlin

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Comfortable room, thoughtful amenities, immaculate housekeeping, generous service and the hospitality usually associated with the best of bed and breakfast. Our room had a well equipped kitchen, HDTV with premium channels, high speed internet, and a view of the Charles River. This is a privately owned hotel with an owner who appreciates your your business and knows how to make guests feel welcome. A good breakfast was included, with the added touch of a cappuccino machine and eggs cooked to order. Hard to remember a hotel we've appreciate more.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I have never written a review for anything, but had to share our experience of Crescent Suites. My daughter and I were in the area for graduate school interviews at Brandeis and found the hotel through the school website.

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at! I consider myself to be picky about hotels and cleanliness...this hotel was spotless, our room was amazing and roomy. The service and hospitality of Michael and Tim was amazing! We were spoiled by the cappuccino and hot cocoa and breakfast (all included in our stay). I asked for a late checkout because we were taking a shuttle directly to the airport and it was "no problem"!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. I have told many people back home about the hotel and told them if I ever run away this is where they will find me!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in Feb. 2010, while taking our daughter to the Pediatric Pain Rehabilitation Clinic through Boston Children's Hospital for an evaluation. We will be returning to stay here when she is admitted.

The hotel exceeded our every expectation. Not only was teh room large and clean, but the owner and staff could not have been more geniune and friendly. We had planned to stay only 2 nights and when our flight was cancelled, the owner did everything he could to make things easier. We ended up staying 5 nights instead of two. The hotel had clean laundry facilities and an accomodating business center. Breakfast in the morning was comfortable and quiet.

I look forward to our next stay at Crescent Suites. Thanks Michael!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple