“very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crescent Suites Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crescent Suites Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
maritimes
“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

much better than other suites in area. Walking distance to great pubs/food/restaurants on Moody st. Minutes away from I90, great walking etc along charles River. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hebrew first
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

I've never written a review for a product, much less a hotel before. I'm actually STILL here but couldn't restrain myself from a review in case I never got to it.

I live here in the western suburbs of Boston and have for many years been looking for suitable accommodations for relatives near our home. There are a handful of chain hotels with such deplorable reviews that their respective corporate managements should disown them from the company name. This independent hotel sets the gold standard for lodging experiences (and I've had hundreds of them).

I should have known the hotel would be different when they offered me not one but three bottled waters at check-in without a $7 price tag on each of them. Michael clearly cares more about pleasing the customers than gouging them. There is not a better deal in this area that doesn't include the number 6 in its name or doesn't involve staying in a friend-of-a-friend's living room.

Detail-obsessed customers will revel in the fact that there is a hands-free sanitizer dispenser by the breakfast offerings, a lower ringer setting for the bedroom phone, the placement of the kitchen trash can close to the door and as far from the bedroom as possible, the inclusion of dishwasher tablets in the kitchen, a first-aid kit (including Tylenol and antiseptic) in the bathroom, a real lumbar-supporting desk chair, a mesh bag to transport clothes to the laundry room, and name-brand tissue boxes (not the standard-issue scratchy ones) in multiple places through the suite.

The rooms, the halls, and the dining area are immaculate. In this kind of place I found myself cleaning up after myself, like picking lint off the carpets and wiping the granite countertops, to preserve the aura of cleanliness here. For once the idea (and practice) of my kids rolling around on the floor did not conjure up visions of unmentionable substances and their sources.

People in need of a family-friendly place will delight in the fruit cocktail single-serving containers at breakfast, the front desk staff who offered my tired kids chocolate pudding on their arrival, and the neon-colored bendy straws available at breakfast. Like B&B's, breakfast is high-quality, made-to-order if you want; like hotel breakfasts, it's self-serve if you want, and either way, it doesn't include the requisite chitchat with the B&B owner about the mid-life crisis that inspired him to impulse-buy a Victorian house and become an innkeeper.

I didn't discover this blessed place until I had to get my kids and myself out of the house within an hour's notice. Michael bent over backwards to help our situation, which changed day to day (I'm sure a nightmare for most small business owners). I rue the years of complaints from my parents about overpriced, substandard housing in this area. I'm sure Michael will treat them better than I, and we can all rest easier for his existence.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from the USA, our first trip to the States. My husband was attending a 5 day training course in Waltham. We chose this hotel because it had such good reviews here on Trip Advisor and we certainly were not disappointed. Our apartment was beautiful and spotlessly clean. Michael and his son/staff were very friendly and really cared that we were happy there. Moody Street has lots of nice restaurants, including a wonderful bar/diner where we went for my husband's birthday which occurred during our stay, called Tempo. Great food. But this review is about the hotel and Michael. What a wonderful guy and the hotel is an absolute credit to him. If you want to visit Boston but want to get out of the actual town, I highly recommend this hotel. We are very particular regarding nice bathroom and clean spacious rooms with comfortable beds, and this hotel was perfect. Michael has equipped this hotel to perfection and has spared no expense. His complimentary breakfasts are far superior to many that we have paid over 10 euros for in Europe. If you decide to book this hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

I grew up in New England and have a sense of Walden Woods in my spirit. Returning home (from West Palm Beach) to attend a wedding, I stayed four nights at the Crescent Suites. The owner and staff are consistently warm and welcoming. The rooms are new and comfortable. But for me the crowning jewel was the path behind the hotel leading to the beautiful Charles River. We experienced an entire morning watching the resident white swans skim and soar up and down the river. Later, the Canadian geese and Mallards came round to our spot at the edge of the wood. It is just behind the hotel and our room had a view from the treetops down to the river. Awesome! All this just a few blocks from trendy Moody Street and some great eateries. This place has the privacy and fully-equipped comfort of an excellent hotel, but feels like a warm and welcoming New England Inn on the river. Terrific value - I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

Great hotel that we "accidentally" found from Internet when searching a place to stay during our trip to Boston. Hotel is brand new and you really can see it! Room was clean, quiet and cozy. Hotel is at pretty good location. Interstates 90 and 95 are just behind the corner. MBTA railstation is near, also Alewife Subway station was quite near if you want to go there by car and then use CharlieCard for subway. Complimentary breakfast was rich and different every morning. Michaels cappucino is also beyond compare! Only complaint comes from when one day we returned from our daytrip and our suites door was not closed properly after cleaning the room. This happened on second day and after this cleaners remembered to close the door...

If I come back to Boston area, this hotel really will be the place to stay also next time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

I've traveled extensively over the last twenty years both for business and pleasure and the Crescent stands out as a rare find. In addition to comfort, value, spacious, fully equipped rooms, it has what one so seldom finds in travel these days; character and heart. This is a property the owner literally helped built with his own hands. Michael (the owner) cares and it shows. He was sincere and un-hurried in helping us find places to eat, sharing with us some of the history of the town, and generally very friendly. There are properties close by charging twice as much (or more) with a fraction of the quality.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Cottage Grove, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

You couldn't ask to stay at nicer place for the price. The staff and the owner went above and beyond to make our stay the best . I couldn't be happier with the room and the the staff. thank you for the great week and I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waltham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
The Westin Waltham-Boston
HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Courtyard Boston Waltham
BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel
BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel
#8 of 11 in Waltham
Boston Marriott Newton

Been to Crescent Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!