“A Hidden Gem in Boston Suburbs”

Crescent Suites Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
“A Hidden Gem in Boston Suburbs”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just spent 4 nights at Crescent Suites Hotel in Waltham, Ma. I highly recommend this place to anyone who plans to visit the Boston area. The two rooms in our suite were exceptionally clean, well-appointed and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. As noted by other reviewers, the complimentary breakfast is a great way to start the day. Parking was ample and did not require a separate fee. Access to downtown Boston by car is relatively easy if you have a basic knowledge of the area.

Overall, this is a great value for the money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
Fullerton, California
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Okay, so my review title might be a bit confusing...in short, it is meant to convey that this little gem is what a hotel experience should be. The big chains should take a page from the experience that each guest gets when staying at Crescent Suites.

I met the owner on my way out, shook his hand and said, "this place surprised the heck out of me." He indicated that he had traveled a great deal during his professional life and could never find a hotel that perfected service without breaking the bank.

Anyway, staying here was by accident. I had intended to stay in downtown Boston but unfortunately most of the hotels were booked solid due to graduation events. I got on Trip Advisor and found what turned out to be a great experience.

I only stayed the night but in that short time I took in all the little things that this place does to make a believer out of most, if not all guests. The owner said it best when he explained that once you've paid, everything else is included. Wifi, parking, breakfast, an assortment of snacks, coffee (and not the cheap stuff either), fruit, juices, etc., etc., etc.

The hotel is located next to a river in a town that from my humble perspective was very quaint. Some good food options were within walking distance (but being a So Cal native, I drove)...and found parking to be easy and free.

The rooms were very large with a full kitchen and had a ton of things like shampoo, soap, mouthwash, first aid kit, coffee and the like all complimentary.

All-in-all, this place had great value and service at a very reasonable price-point.

Thanks Crescent!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee
Reviewed May 27, 2013

To wrap up a week working in Boston, I stayed at the Crescent Suites for two nights to round out the long weekend. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious, and the hotel is centrally located in Waltham near Brandeis. My only complaint was that the service was bit uncoordinated. In particular, when we were checking out, I attempted to use the business center to print our boarding passes. Finding that the printer was out of ink, I had to call the front desk for help. To get the passes printed, it ultimately took three visits from two staff members to get it sorted out and in the process, it seemed like I was annoying them because I needed to get my passes. On the upside, if you want to be left alone, this is the place to be. It is really quiet, there are beautiful park views, and the rooms are set up for long term stays. When I return to the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LillyMilwaukee
287Crescent, Owner at Crescent Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hi Lilly,
First of all, thank you for having been our guest, and thank you for considering staying here again. I want to assure you that your request to replace the Ink was not annying to us at all, to the contrary, we try very hard to keep everything in good working order, if it seemed that we were scambling, we were, as we were trying to find the correct ink, we ended up taking the ink from another office printer to assure that the business center printer worked properly. We also welcome any guest to use the front office printer if necessary. Thank you for your review.
Michael Colomba
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wonderful stay at the Crescent Suites during a busy graduation weekend. The hotel is sparkling clean, with spacious suites and a very nicely appointed bathroom. The breakfast was perfect and even included eggs, lox, bagels and fruit. We were expecting a continental breakfast but this was a full breakfast. The staff and owner were very nice and helpful.
We will definitely stay here again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and would recommend it if I was staying here with my own money!
Staff are friendly and willing to help. Rooms are very well equipped and the Breakfast coffee is great !
Gym is a nice touch, clean and well stocked considering the size!

• Stayed May 2013
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This family run hotel is a real gem.The room we had is very spacious and includes a cuisine with everything you can imagine(a large refrigirator,dishwasher, oven ,stove,microwave and more).The hotel is clean,spotless .There are washing facilities and a gym.Breakfast is O.K and you can serve yourself fruits ,peanuts and coffee freely,as well as coffee including real italien espresso and capuchino.Although the neighbourhood is quiet try to get a room facing the Charles river.The hotel is ideal for families with kids.The location is somewhat of a problem if your aim is to visit Boston.There are buses and a train about a mile from the hotel. There are many restaurants in Waltham ,in Moody and Main streets.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Charles river
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was very impressed with my stay. Several of us were in town for a business meeting and we had a great time at Crescent. The hotel is in the middle of a residential area, right next to the Charles River. It was a 25 minute ride to downtown Boston. The rooms were large, clean, and modern. They had all the amenities you'd expect. If I had to compare, I'd say it was on the level of a Marriot Fairfield Inn, but smaller and more personable. The kitchen in the room had everything I needed (including wine glasses) and there was a full-size fridge. The TV had satellite with tons of channels to view. The bathroom was fresh and clean, had towels strategically placed so one was always close by, and also had a blowing heater you could use when you stepped out the shower. And I have to mention again that everything was very clean because that's quite important to me as I'm sure to other people who might read this review. The lobby and breakfast area were small, but the food was sooo good. Every morning we had eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, potatoes, plus continental breakfast items. They also prepared cappuccinos and espresso upon request. There's a lounge area outside and a walking trail near the river. Oh, and the hotel also has an exercise room. I would stay at Crescent Suites again and I definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business