As my husband works in MA and we live in Canada, we go to see him every 6 weeks. We chose Summerfield Suites by Wyndham to stay when we go there after our first vist them made us feel right at home. It was amazing. For the past 4 years every six weeks we've booked and stayed there. On our last trip we were advised they Hyatt bought the Summerfield Suites and the little perks we were used to would change or no longer available as we had (Wyndham by Request), such as a basket with nuts and drinks (coke) and other goodies. We thought, that the Hyatt would offer more for valued clients...... NOPE, we get nothing now. Oh well,
The staff, well... we had such a misunderstanding this trip and I don't think we'll go back there again. We had booked a suite with two bedrroms and we were quoted a price. We got there paid the room cash (not to used a Canadian credit card not knowing what the exchange rate is) and went to our room. They made a mistake and gave us a one bedroom suite. I assumed that the rate we paid was for a 2 bedroom suite that they had just made a mistake and gave us the wrong room. I called and asked them to change the room and as we had a lot of luggage if they could send someone round with the new key card. They told me no and that we needed to go back to the reception (lugagge and all) to pay for the difference and then and only then would we receive the new key. I was appauled. They could have said something like "we'll send you a key and when you pass by the reception come and see us about the misunderstanding" . It's not like they don't have a credit card number on file as we need it to reserve, or not like we didn't give them a security deposit that surpassed the amount of the new room. They were VERY rude to us and when my daughter spoke one of the attendants at the reception told her "listen honey it doesn't work like that" I was very put off by this as this attendant wouldn't let the assistant manager talk and when she did the assistant manager would raise her voice to my husband, my husband lost it at this point. We paid went to our room and have been trying to reach the general manager since we came home to no avail.
They've lost longtime good customers. It's sad that with changes not all of them are in the best interest of the client.
Aside from that, the morning buffet in the dining room was good as usual, but this trip the wall clock didn't work so it was always 5:50 and the remote control in one of the rooms didn't work.
Still it is very clean and the maids were friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just seconds off of Interstate-95/Route128. The Hyatt House – Boston/Waltham is conveniently located near many attractions, companies, and educational institutes. Located just 2.5 miles away from Bentley University and 3.6 miles away from Brandeis University, the property is very conducive for those students/families visiting and attending these major colleges. Our property is also convenient for those traveling to/attending Lasell College, Regis College, Boston College, Boston University, Wellesley College, MIT, Tufts University, Babson College and Harvard University. In addition, the Hyatt House – Boston/Waltham is located only 2.5 miles away from Moody Street in Waltham, MA; a tourist/local favorite. Moody Street (“Restaurant City”) is Waltham's historically well-known town center and is lined with a variety of restaurants, bars/pubs and local attractions. Situated in the heart of the Massachusetts Route 128 technology belt, only 15 minutes from downtown Boston the Hyatt House is an excellent option for business travelers. It is centrally located to the corporate offices of Dassault Systemes, Deloitte & Touche, IBM, Microsoft, Raytheon, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Siemens, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Verizon. All Hyatt House hotels are smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your HYATT house Boston/Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Hyatt Waltham
- Waltham Hyatt
- Waltham Summerfield Suites