HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Best Western Plus Waltham Boston(Waltham)(Great Value!)
$134
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$195
Courtyard Boston Waltham(Waltham)(Great Value!)
$143
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitefront deskfull sizebit datedomelet stationgreat optionnice sizelaundry roomfree breakfastthe breakfast areabusiness centersitting areahome away from homewould definitely stay here againboston walthamshuttle service
Reviewed February 24, 2009

We travel to the Boston area with the family -- including kids under 6 -- a few times each year. The Summerfield Suites in Waltham is the perfect combination of value and functionality.

Having a suite with the family is great... getting that suite over the weekend for under $130 is heaven. A two bedroom suite with the living room and a kitchenette gives the perfect gift at the end of a long and fun day in town -- SPACE. Let the kids burn off steam. If one needs to sleep, let 'em. Need some milk from the fridge? No sweat. Want to watch the news while the kids are getting some Elmo time? There are three TVs (plus a DVD player).

Breakfast in the morning is convenient, free, and not that bad. It has everything the family really needs. And it beats dropping another $50 on a breakfast buffet like you will at most of the other hotels in the area that have full-service restaurants.

Will you miss a restaurant and room service? Not really. There are plenty of places around the corner. Many deliver. And you can bring in some food with that little kitchenette.

And for those of you who can't help but bring that work laptop along -- the wireless is free, fast, easy, and reliable.

Two words of caution about noise...
Try to avoid a room that faces the front of the hotel, especially if it is a windy day. The hotel is at the top of a hill and there are some flagpoles in the front. It's not a very tall building, so you can really hear those flags flapping in the wind against the pole on a windy night.
Also the HVAC can be noisy if you are trying to use the sleeper sofa in the living room. It's quiet in the bedrooms, but it blows a little loud out there. I had two kids sleeping out there overnight and they didn't wake up after a long day (but I probably would have).

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2009

This is a pretty standard corporate "suites" hotel. I've stayed at this property several times on business and each time I was unimpressed. When you find a previous guest's hair behind the bathroom door (every time I stayed there), you start to wonder what else did the cleaning crew miss. My only other comment is that every time I dealt with the front desk staff, I found them to be grumpy (I'll refrain from using profanity). So, I have decided to stay at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Burlington (which is right down the road anyway) where I had a better experience.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank No_junkmail
Reviewed September 23, 2008

I was in Boston for 4 days for a wedding and reunion. There were 4 to 5 of us on different days of the trip. It was a little difficult to find a vacation home which we could all hang out, had some privacy but still within a reasonable price range since our stay was short.

Found this suite/hotel on Kayak and booked it thru the hotel directly. The 2-bedroom suite only cost $250-260 a night. Since there were 4-5 of us sharing, it's a very cheap alternative than a vacation home. Their 2-bedroom suite has a living room with full size sofa bed. Kitchen appliances were all full size, not the tiny little table cook top and even come with dishwasher! Each bedroom has its own private full size bathroom and TV in each room!

The quality of amenities and the room weren't exceptional. I could feel the oldness from the amenities, e.g. none of the inside door could close perfectly without forcing it, the vanity did not drain at first but it’s fixed the same day. However, it is absolutely above average given the low cost per person. The hotel allows up to 8 people to stay in one 2-bedroom suite! Very low cost sharing. The hotel even provided free hot breakfast!

Even most guests came in family or group but it's very quiet overall. I highly recommend this if you're travelling to Boston area in a group.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Stayed for one night on graduation weekend...would have liked to stay the second night, but hotel was full, so we had to move to Courtyard (which was also very nice).

Suite was clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable.

Complimentary breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it was certainly adequate and it was a nice touch that it was included.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank NYer
Reviewed February 8, 2008

The Suites are very clean, staff friendly and courteous. Good location off 95, quiet too. The breakfasts were very disappointing. I realize it's continental but that's no reason why it couldn't have been better. We ate around 9:15, about 15 minutes prior to the continental service ending. There were many other guests still eating or just coming down to dine as well. The omlettes with cheese were little rubber yucky triangles .. so I decided to have some healthy cereal, the milk was "warm", so I passed on that and decided to have some fresh (or so I thought) honeydew & cantaloupe) ... the honeydew was old, had a funny taste like fish so I didn't eat it. I am certified by the Board of Health, so I do know what I'm talking about. Didn't see any healthy muffins or even pancakes on the buffet ... I might go back, but would bring my own breakfast or there are many other hotels in the area, I might try one of them next time.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple