“Very pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!”

HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I had occasion to stay at the Hyatt House Waltham for 12 days at the beginning of February 2014. We were very impressed with the facility. There was a major snowstorm while we were guests and the lots were continuously plowed, and sidewalks salted. Made to order omelettes were added to the breakfast menu which was a plus; the breakfasts are a true bonus. We had no problems with WIFI service in the room or common areas. The unit was large with living room (with flat screen TV), kitchen, bedroom (with flat screen TV); the washroom (toilet and bathtub/shower) was a separate area from the sink which provided more privacy. There was more than adequate room for hanging items in the closet. We were very impressed and will return.

Room Tip: My personal preference is not to have a ground floor room; rooms can face either to the outside (on...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear valued guest:

Thank you so much for the great review and appreciate all your feedback. We look forward in seeing you on your next visit and thank you for choosing our Hyatt House Boston/Waltham

Carrie Branchi

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed while visiting our son who attends Babson. Room was nice on average level but that is what I'd expect at Hyatt House. Breakfast was a bit of a mess, staff could not seem to keep up with the demand. In the past we have stayed in natick and will definitely stay here again. Big negative was snow plows beeping all night outside.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JillPhiladelphia
Carrie B, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time and filling out our survey. We appreciate your feedback and choosing us for your stay. I would like to apologize for our breakfast not being up to par with your expectations and I will be following up with my Food and beverage team to improve the organization and service of the breakfast. Our goal is to not just meet your expectations but is to exceed them as well. I do apologize for the noise level of the snow plows and will be following up with my management team.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

A disappointment from start to finish. The lobby smelled like fish, the carpets were dirty and the room freezing cold. Not sure why Hyatt attaches its name to this one. Also difficult to find from both street and with GPS. Overall a big thumbs down.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelingunraveling
Carrie B, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that we failed to provide the service that you should expect from our hotel brand. I will certainly follow up with our Operations team regarding the condition of your guest room and our Front Desk team. One of the major purposes of your review is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides us with valuable information that we can use to improve our Hotel and service delivery. I deeply apologize for not meeting your expectations of our hotel.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

You can get the same quality of room and service at a quality inn. Wall paper was peeling, carpets were worn, they had only one elevator in a building that needed at least 4 (one in each wing), the pantry at the front lobby was completely empty.
Only redeeming points for this location was the all suite rooms and great breakfast (omelette bar).

This chain should not have the Hyatt name attached to it. The quality and maintenance of the property is not quite up to par.

You will however get a comfortable bed and free breakfast that make the price worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Carrie B, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that we failed to provide the service that you should expect from our hotel. I will certainly follow up with our Maintenance team regarding the carpets and the wall paper and our Front Desk Hosts regarding the guest market pantry which you have mentioned. Thank you again for your feedback which provides us with valuable information areas for improvement and that we can use to improve our service delivery.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for the Boston Flower Show in 2013. It was terrific; I would honestly love to live in an apartment like this. The price was reasonable and the atmosphere was like home. I slept great. Not only complementary breakfast, but dinner too although I cooked my own dinner. The best and least expensive hotel I have stayed in. The only problem was the distance from the city center of Boston combined with the traffic...I thought I was going to die driving to and from Boston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Victora K,

Thank you so much for your nice thoughts of the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you enjoyed the Boston Flower Show as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel looks and feels low rent. We stayed there for 3weeks during our son's wedding. It is a shame, because the suites are a perfect size and well laid out; the problem is the cleaning staff and general run of the hotel. The housekeeping staff varied from great to terrible and most times they didn't bother showing up. One night they came at 8pm to clean the room! It was ridiculous. Right from check-in you see signs of ill-repair; lobby is small, elevators are dirty and desk staff are ill-groomed and wearing golf shirts as uniforms...very unprofessional. The kitchens are great, and the living area large and comfy, but after a few days of not cleaning, it becomes very tiresome trying to chase down housekeeping. Hyatt should take it's name off this place because it feels like a Super 8.

Room Tip: The 2bedroom suites have great kitchens and perfect to share among family or friends, as they have 2...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ibis R

Ibis R,
I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I want to thank you for your feedback about the hotel as well as the staff members. I take this feedback and try to improve the hotel on this. I have reviewed your comments with my management staff and we are working on improving our housekeeping services as well as the over all appearance of the hotel. I would love for you to give us another try when you come back to the Waltham area to see the improvements that we have made. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was booked at the Hyatt House because the Westin in Waltham was fully booked. The suite was great - based on availability I was upgraded to a two-bedrooms spacious version which would have been perfect for a family of 4 but obviously not really necessary for one night business visit. Breakfast and parking are free which is also a benefit compared to Westin and other hotels. Internet was also free. Downsides in my view were the general look (lobby and reception area may be modernized a little) and a very very loud airconditioner. But the value for the room rate is good and taking into account additional services, worth a 4* rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Savert Family,

Thank you so much for the kind words of your stay with us here at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We strive to make everyone as comfortable as just like they are at home. I hope that if you come back to the Waltham or Boston area again, that you will choose us again for you stay. Thank you again and have a great day!