HYATT house Boston/Waltham
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitefront deskfull sizebit datedomelet stationgreat optionnice sizelaundry roomfree breakfastthe breakfast areabusiness centersitting areahome away from homewould definitely stay here againboston walthamshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for the Boston Flower Show in 2013. It was terrific; I would honestly love to live in an apartment like this. The price was reasonable and the atmosphere was like home. I slept great. Not only complementary breakfast, but dinner too although I cooked my own dinner. The best and least expensive hotel I have stayed in. The only problem was the distance from the city center of Boston combined with the traffic...I thought I was going to die driving to and from Boston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Victora K,

Thank you so much for your nice thoughts of the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you enjoyed the Boston Flower Show as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel looks and feels low rent. We stayed there for 3weeks during our son's wedding. It is a shame, because the suites are a perfect size and well laid out; the problem is the cleaning staff and general run of the hotel. The housekeeping staff varied from great to terrible and most times they didn't bother showing up. One night they came at 8pm to clean the room! It was ridiculous. Right from check-in you see signs of ill-repair; lobby is small, elevators are dirty and desk staff are ill-groomed and wearing golf shirts as uniforms...very unprofessional. The kitchens are great, and the living area large and comfy, but after a few days of not cleaning, it becomes very tiresome trying to chase down housekeeping. Hyatt should take it's name off this place because it feels like a Super 8.

Room Tip: The 2bedroom suites have great kitchens and perfect to share among family or friends, as they have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ibis R

Ibis R,
I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I want to thank you for your feedback about the hotel as well as the staff members. I take this feedback and try to improve the hotel on this. I have reviewed your comments with my management staff and we are working on improving our housekeeping services as well as the over all appearance of the hotel. I would love for you to give us another try when you come back to the Waltham area to see the improvements that we have made. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was booked at the Hyatt House because the Westin in Waltham was fully booked. The suite was great - based on availability I was upgraded to a two-bedrooms spacious version which would have been perfect for a family of 4 but obviously not really necessary for one night business visit. Breakfast and parking are free which is also a benefit compared to Westin and other hotels. Internet was also free. Downsides in my view were the general look (lobby and reception area may be modernized a little) and a very very loud airconditioner. But the value for the room rate is good and taking into account additional services, worth a 4* rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Savert Family,

Thank you so much for the kind words of your stay with us here at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We strive to make everyone as comfortable as just like they are at home. I hope that if you come back to the Waltham or Boston area again, that you will choose us again for you stay. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am from Las Vegas, NV and I also have traveled for over 10 yrs for work. Suffice to say, I have stayed in 1 star to 5 star hotels. In all my travels and stays I have never met a more competent, customer oriented staff than the staff at the Hyatt House in Waltham, MA. My company had me there on a contract. It never mattered what time of day or night, if I had a need or request the Hyatt staff happily complied. There were times, being that my work schedule was a bit erratic/grueling, they helped me with my more mundane daily shopping/mailing, etc. I have never written a review, blog or comment for anything before but I felt truly compelled to say Thank You to the staff of the Hyatt House for your patience, courteous and truly Outstanding Customer Service.
Best Regards,
D. Richardson

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dani_richardson2

Ms. Richardson,

Thank you so much for the kind words of your stay with us here at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We strive to make everyone as comfortable as just like they are at home. I will be sharing your review with my entire staff. I hope that if you come back to the Waltham or Boston area again, that you will choose us again for you stay. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've stayed at a Hyatt House and I was very impressed it was well maintained, modern, very clean and best of all quiet. They had an evening reception as well as a great continental breakfast. My room was spacious and had very comfortable furniture and bedding. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cptra

Cptra,
Thank you so much for your nice review on the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We appreciate all feedback given to us. We look forward in seeing you on your next visit to the Waltham area.