“Great stay low price”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Great stay low price”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for the Boston Flower Show in 2013. It was terrific; I would honestly love to live in an apartment like this. The price was reasonable and the atmosphere was like home. I slept great. Not only complementary breakfast, but dinner too although I cooked my own dinner. The best and least expensive hotel I have stayed in. The only problem was the distance from the city center of Boston combined with the traffic...I thought I was going to die driving to and from Boston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Victora K,

Thank you so much for your nice thoughts of the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you enjoyed the Boston Flower Show as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel looks and feels low rent. We stayed there for 3weeks during our son's wedding. It is a shame, because the suites are a perfect size and well laid out; the problem is the cleaning staff and general run of the hotel. The housekeeping staff varied from great to terrible and most times they didn't bother showing up. One night they came at 8pm to clean the room! It was ridiculous. Right from check-in you see signs of ill-repair; lobby is small, elevators are dirty and desk staff are ill-groomed and wearing golf shirts as uniforms...very unprofessional. The kitchens are great, and the living area large and comfy, but after a few days of not cleaning, it becomes very tiresome trying to chase down housekeeping. Hyatt should take it's name off this place because it feels like a Super 8.

Room Tip: The 2bedroom suites have great kitchens and perfect to share among family or friends, as they have 2...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ibis R
Ibis R,
I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I want to thank you for your feedback about the hotel as well as the staff members. I take this feedback and try to improve the hotel on this. I have reviewed your comments with my management staff and we are working on improving our housekeeping services as well as the over all appearance of the hotel. I would love for you to give us another try when you come back to the Waltham area to see the improvements that we have made. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward in hearing from you soon.
Zeist, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was booked at the Hyatt House because the Westin in Waltham was fully booked. The suite was great - based on availability I was upgraded to a two-bedrooms spacious version which would have been perfect for a family of 4 but obviously not really necessary for one night business visit. Breakfast and parking are free which is also a benefit compared to Westin and other hotels. Internet was also free. Downsides in my view were the general look (lobby and reception area may be modernized a little) and a very very loud airconditioner. But the value for the room rate is good and taking into account additional services, worth a 4* rating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Savert Family,

Thank you so much for the kind words of your stay with us here at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We strive to make everyone as comfortable as just like they are at home. I hope that if you come back to the Waltham or Boston area again, that you will choose us again for you stay. Thank you again and have a great day!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am from Las Vegas, NV and I also have traveled for over 10 yrs for work. Suffice to say, I have stayed in 1 star to 5 star hotels. In all my travels and stays I have never met a more competent, customer oriented staff than the staff at the Hyatt House in Waltham, MA. My company had me there on a contract. It never mattered what time of day or night, if I had a need or request the Hyatt staff happily complied. There were times, being that my work schedule was a bit erratic/grueling, they helped me with my more mundane daily shopping/mailing, etc. I have never written a review, blog or comment for anything before but I felt truly compelled to say Thank You to the staff of the Hyatt House for your patience, courteous and truly Outstanding Customer Service.
Best Regards,
D. Richardson

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dani_richardson2
Ms. Richardson,

Thank you so much for the kind words of your stay with us here at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We strive to make everyone as comfortable as just like they are at home. I will be sharing your review with my entire staff. I hope that if you come back to the Waltham or Boston area again, that you will choose us again for you stay. Thank you again and have a great day!
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've stayed at a Hyatt House and I was very impressed it was well maintained, modern, very clean and best of all quiet. They had an evening reception as well as a great continental breakfast. My room was spacious and had very comfortable furniture and bedding. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cptra
Cptra,
Thank you so much for your nice review on the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We appreciate all feedback given to us. We look forward in seeing you on your next visit to the Waltham area.
Rochester, NY
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time our family has stayed at this hotel. This time we were there for a lacrosse tournament. The suites in this hotel provide a great amount of room for the money. So close to downtown, taking the T into the city was easy and we didn't have to pay the cost of an expensive boston/Brookline hotel. Breakfast here was pretty good and, better yet, free! The kids had plenty of room to spread out which made the trip even more enjoyable and argument-free:) You should definitely give it a try!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank jenroberts510
JenRoberts510,

Thank you so much for your nice review on the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that of the lacrosse team comes back to the area again, that we can have the team stay with us again. We look forward in seeing you and the team next time you are in the area.
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed October 23, 2013

In Waltham, it was a good hotel. Especially the free breakfast and free parking. Rooms are realy comfortable and big. The room was cleaned all 7 days. Reseptionists are very helpful and kind to their customers. You can rent a car from Western Waltham Hotel nearby. On the other hand, as Waltham is far from the downtown Boston it takes a long time to go Boston by public transportation, you have to watch early coming busses near this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple