“Nice quiet, clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Boston/Waltham

HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Montreal, Canada
“Nice quiet, clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

this is our 3rd time staying at this hotel, beautiful suite, very clean comfortable bed, with kitchenette. Staff are very helpful, not far from Burlington mall., In the summer you can even barbque outside., A bit far from downtown boston about 25 minutes by car.

Room Tip: All rooms, were good, we stayed this time on the secong floor, facing the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank iritb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The good; The layout of the two bedroom each with its own bathroom, the kitchen. Front desk staff were wonderful.
The bad; I booked a handicapped accessible room with roll in shower. That is not what we got but the tub was low enough for my handicapped son to sit on and swing his legs over with my help! My sons room had a strange sound coming from outside, I kept thinking it was a vehicle going by but when I had to lay with him for him to settle I realize it was not vehicles? I was puzzled. The next day I noticed the sound was coming from the where city gas enters the building! kind of scary and annoying glad we were only there one night. The tile in the bathroom had some icky grout and the stove had fingerprints all over the control. I was also taken back when I went to the very small store and was ready to pay with my items on the counter and a cleaning staff person held up her items to show the person who was checking going to check me out as if she was going to cut in front of me which the hotel employee did not go for. It was all rather surprising given the price and we needed rest because we were there for a hospital evaluation.

Room Tip: Don't get the room where the gas enters the building its noisy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Lee P
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at Hyatt House Waltham MA from 20 th to 26th Oct 12. It was a fantastic stay with good Bfast and dinners. The front office staff was extremely helpful with my fax and scanning needs.
The room was big and very comfortable.
I would recommend this property for business / leisure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Arup D
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at almost midnight for our stay with 3 little kids. We had reserved the two bedroom suite. The only one left. Upon arrival, one bedroom absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke and the bathroom almost made us gag. The hotel was supposed to be smoke free. The person(s) who cleaned the room prior to our arrival either must not have inhaled the entire time they were "cleaning", or just not cared. We were offered $50 off for the night and someone would rid the room of odor in the morning. The second time I called the front desk I was told we would get another room in the am. When asked how the odor could not be detected, he said " I don't know what other people smell". He himself was a smoker and smelled of it upon check in.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Aasnmd
Old Bridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We booked this hotel during a very busy time in Boston when prices were extremely high to a special event going on in the city. The price was right and it was available at the last minute.
After we reserved our room, we received a very nice e-mail from the staff - not an automated one - a personal one, thanking us for our business and letting us know the names of the managers should we need anything during our stay. I thought that was a very nice touch and we hadn't even arrived yet! When we did arrive, we were much later than we intended (after midnight) due to traffic and a difficult trip. We had called ahead to let the hotel know we would be arriving late and they assured us they would hold the room. Unfortunately, when we went up to our room, there were two double beds not one king as we reserved, but we were honestly too tired to complain and just wanted to go to sleep! But we couldn't! The room was very warm and when we tried to adjust the temperature setting, it was locked. The thermostat appeared to have a plastic lock on it, making it impossible to change the setting. For this, I did call down to the front desk but was only informed where the thermostat was in the room and that there was also a setting for a fan as well. We checked again and it was definitely locked. We decided to just go to bed as we were exhausted! Unfortunately, I did not have a good night sleep at all as the room was just too warm for my comfort (set to 78 on the thermostat.) We dealt with it since we were only staying that one night and checked out in the morning. We barely spent any time at the hotel so it was nice to enjoy the complimentary breakfast they offered with the rate. I did like Hyatt House very much other than the issues we experienced. The staff was courteous and friendly. The room was clean and met our needs .It would be perfect for a family or extended stay. Nice kitchen, spacious room with bedroom in a second room, and a pull-out sofa bed in its own room. The complimentary breakfast, free parking and internet service was appreciated. But I doubt I could ever stay here again unless they allow individual control of the temperature in the rooms. True to the Hyatt name, however, they did try to resolve this problem even after I was already home. I filled out a survey and mentioned the problems we experienced. They contacted me right away and wanted us to know our complete satisfaction was their goal. To make up for it, they gave us extra Hyatt points and said they would be speaking to their "Chief Engineer" about why we were not able to control our heat. They gave us enough points for a free night, so if they resolved this problem, I'd be willing to try them again if we are ever in the Boston area. But only if the problem with the temperature was resolved!

Room Tip: Ask if you can control the room temperature and be sure to have a guarantee for the bed sie you desi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank ticcr
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is definitely above average for the price. But they need to spend a little money on their maintenance department because the maintenance is very sloppy. i.e missing floor tile in the main elevator, non-functional partition doors and lock in the room, broken toilet seat, torn sheets, etc. Simple and inexpensive stuff to fix and not a huge deal. So it is a pretty nice place, in an excellent location and a reasonable price. But the maintenance is obviously lacking and sloppy. The room was spacious and clean. No real complaints. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mack00013
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For business travel this is the perfect hotel. There is nothing there within walking distance but it has easy access to the I95 and Waltham is a short drive away. These lodgings are more like small apartments than hotel rooms and they are stylish, comfortable and well stocked. The appliances and dishes are clean and new, unlike some suite hotels I've stayed in. There is a good Business Center and guest laundry, the breakfast selection is better than good and the staff are always pleasant and helpful (particularly Janice, who always remembers me). I travel extensively for work and this is one of my favourite places to stay; it kind of feels like coming home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jennmtl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waltham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel
#8 of 11 in Waltham
4.0 of 5 stars 375 reviews
Courtyard Boston Waltham

Been to HYATT house Boston/Waltham? Share your experiences!