We stayed here during the weekend preceding the Boston Marathon (which always occurs on Monday/Patriot Day, a holiday in MA). So, every hotel was crowded. We were lucky to score this hotel via hotwire for a rate over 50% off the going rate on the website and booking engines.
Minor negative: they keep assigning people a room with malfunctioning a/c or heat and bakes the room at over 90 degrees Farenheit even at night (when it was a chilly 50 degrees F) -- and they never fix the problem as they told each guest checking in.
Initially friends who checked in earlier received a top floor room that had a broken air conditioning system and the room was stifling hot. They ended up getting rooms changed. We found this out only after we checked in later that day to receive the only room left on the top floor...which was the same room our friends were first assigned.
We at first went to dinner then came back to find the room's A/C controls were obviously broken. It was over 90 degrees and would not adjust.
The front desk accommodated our request to move to a lower floor. From reading other reviews, the a/c problem is recurring. However, whilst getting ready to collect our belongings out of the HOT room, someone else came into the room (we obtained card keys for the new room) and of course startled the poor soul. I explained the situation and that person too had to trek down to change rooms after feeling the unbearable heat.
That's our only quibble. Everything else is on par with budget oriented but business friendly hotel chains. The living room sofa had some cigarette burns, but overall it was spacious. Flat panel TVs in living room and bedroom. Breakfast was nothing special, and the traveling groups of youth sports teams managed to make a good mess of the breakfast area every morning.
This location is in the middle of nowhere, so a rental car is a necessity/plus. There's a nearby Costco for provisions (if you have membership)...otherwise a longer drive to the closest CVS. The T-line has a few stops nearby and parking there was a cinch. However, we'd recommend that only on weekdays. We found out later that Boston parking on the weekends is inexpensive and the nearly hour long ride on the T unnecessary.
You will hear neighboring rooms and the footsteps of those above you if you're in a lower level floor.
However, for the extremely inexpensive price we paid, it was worth it, esp. as all hotels jacked up their rates for the marathon. BTW, while the internet works fine, the remote printing does not work at all. You have to bring your flash drive and use their own computers for any printing capabilities. The small gym is adequate and is a nice amenity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just seconds off of Interstate-95/Route128. The Hyatt House – Boston/Waltham is conveniently located near many attractions, companies, and educational institutes. Located just 2.5 miles away from Bentley University and 3.6 miles away from Brandeis University, the property is very conducive for those students/families visiting and attending these major colleges. Our property is also convenient for those traveling to/attending Lasell College, Regis College, Boston College, Boston University, Wellesley College, MIT, Tufts University, Babson College and Harvard University. In addition, the Hyatt House – Boston/Waltham is located only 2.5 miles away from Moody Street in Waltham, MA; a tourist/local favorite. Moody Street (“Restaurant City”) is Waltham's historically well-known town center and is lined with a variety of restaurants, bars/pubs and local attractions. Situated in the heart of the Massachusetts Route 128 technology belt, only 15 minutes from downtown Boston the Hyatt House is an excellent option for business travelers. It is centrally located to the corporate offices of Dassault Systemes, Deloitte & Touche, IBM, Microsoft, Raytheon, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Siemens, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Verizon. All Hyatt House hotels are smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your HYATT house Boston/Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Hyatt Waltham
- Waltham Hyatt
- Waltham Summerfield Suites