“Excellant for a quiet quality time away from city” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellant for a quiet quality time away from city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

Great place to stay. Well maintained rooms and service. The room I stayed was a suite and it had a well furnished kitchen, living, bedroom and bathroom. The shuttle service used to run to nearby places. The breakfast was a very good spread, especially if you are an Indian vegetarian. The gym is open 24 hours and good wireless service as complimentary.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels in the Boston/Waltham area over the past few years. This one clearly surpasses all of them.

One trend I am seeing is the charge for parking and the charge for internet. This hotel offers both at no charge. The rooms are in a suite format and I really like having a bedroom with a closed door from the living room area. The rooms appear newly renovated and have a nice couch and living area, a small but useful kitchen with stove and sink and I found the hotel to be quiet. I didn't hear other doors slam or noises from the hallways.

I paid under $100 for a room close to Boston and easy access to the highways. A complimentary breakfast is served in the morning which isn't very good (bordering on gross), but I am not staying there for the breakfast anyway. The bathroom area could use a bit more flavor and not such a bright white light, but these are small complaints. Everything in the room is clean and well-done. I will stay here again and I would definitely stay at another Hyatt Summerfield. For a low cost option, I really think this is a great value!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

We went to Boston for Meeting in December. The hotel in very good. I enjoyed alot.
Nice location. Very good breakfast. and also snacks in the evening. we enjoyed very much. friendly staff. It is having nice kitchen to cook and the televisions are excellent.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

Clean, large Suite, good breakfast, perfect for large families. It is located a reasonable distance away from Boston (close to the T train).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank pandripe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

We had 2 little ones under 4, and 5 adults, and I must say the hotel was exceedingly accomodating. The breakfasts were much appreciated, and the two bedroom suite was wonderful for adults. Manager was also agreeable to adjustment when prices dropped. Highly recommended for this population!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 56003Traveller
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

Our stay at this hotel was to attend a funeral. We were efficiently greeted by Kaitlyn, the clerk at the desk. We found the suite to be clean, comfortable and pleasant. We appreciated the full kitchen where we could make coffee or tea and keep snacks in the full fridge. Our stay was gratis since a relative kindly used her award points to make a reservation for us. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle within 5 miles. Because we arrived early and had time, we took the shuttle to the Burlington Mall for $20.00 round trip. The mall is about a 15-20 minute ride and provided us with an upbeat diversion. We would have gone to downtown Waltham, which is only about 3 miles away, but it was a cold and rainy day. Nearby relatives drove us otherwise as we did not rent a car. As stated in previous reviews this hotel is located in a kind of hotel row near I-95/128 and there is nothing around within walking distance except office buildings and other hotels. We found the location quiet though and the bed comfortable. There was plenty of hot water for showers and hot baths. The downside was the breakfast food. They start serving at 6:30 am on weekdays. Even though I arrived in the dining area one day at 6:45, the eggs and meats were already cold. They were cold every day. I thought perhaps the small pancakes would be hot, but when I tried one, it was stone cold. If you stay here I would recommend toasting bread, bagels or English muffins and having fruit, yogurt or cereal or get your own breakfast things to prepare in your suite. One morning there was no butter or margarine in the dining room. When I asked an employee, she replied "No butter today!" I thought perhaps I was later than usual for breakfast and it got used up. But the next day I overheard another guest exclaim that there was butter that day. The coffee however was always hot and excellent. We were never around to try the light suppers they serve from 5:30-7:00. We did not use the exercise room, but we did print out boarding passes in their business center. We found the free wifi worked better up in the suite and hardly at all in the dining area. If you want a suite experience and don't mind eating cold foods for breakfast and have a car, you will be fine at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
rhode island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

This past weekend, my partner and I stayed at the Hyatt to attend a wedding at a near by estate. I booked a 2 bedroom suite since my partner's mom and sister were staying with us as well. The rate was inexpensive and yet the room was worth much much more than what I paid. Everyone had enough space to lounge around and get ready without being on top of each other. Each bedroom had it's own bathroom which was an extra bonus and the common room had a pull-out queen which was another plus. Everything in the room was immaculate and spotless, including the kitchen area.

Our checkin agent wasn't as pleasant but I did appreciate her varifying my room type before I headed there and normally I don't ask for varification but I do know that other guests may. I also asked if the hotel would be taking an authorization off of my debit card and the agent said yes and swiped my card before telling me the amount. Granted it was only $10 bucks in this case but not every hotel takes that low of a authorization. I would've appreciated her letting me know this prior to swipping my card because it could've been a more extreme situation. (For those whom are unaware I'll explain: When a hotel swipes your debit card to take an authorization, the bank literally holds that amount from your account i.e. $30, $100, or even $1000 and it could take them almost a week after you check out to return to you and yes, it will overdraft your account if you don't have that much in there). Anyhow, I think it would be better if at check-in they always explain upon arrival.

Our check out lady was very pleseant and double checked the bill with me. The breakfast buffett was excellent in terms of cleanliness and the server being on top of refilling the pans. There was something for everyone and the food itself was tasty but they did not have waffles, pancakes, or french toast. Since it's free i can understand the cost control but I think they should have at least one of those items on the weekends. Or the simplicity of a waffle station would have been nice to accompany the eggs, sausage, and home fries.

The guest market was great especially for late night munchies and had an array of frozen food items/snacks. They had pizzas, chips, frozen dinners, lasagna and drinks. Whomever thought of the market did an excellent service to the hotel as it meets everyone's needs. The night audit whom helped us was kind and generous as well.

Our overall experience was great and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking in that area. If my partner and I are need of accomodations near there again, we will certainly stay at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple