“Great hotel for a big family”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Great hotel for a big family”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I did not want to spend the hefty prices for hotels in Boston, so for a weekend trip mid-March, I opted for this hotel which is about 25 mins away. I made an execllent choice. My family of six (2 pre-teens, 2 teenagers, 2 adults) was able to fit comfortably in a standard 2 double bed suite with pull-out sofa in the separate living area. The omelette station and Sunday pancakes added some great variety to the traditional continental breakfast fair. They also have a light snack every evening. I enjoyed the workout area overlooking the pool, so the kids could still be supervised as I worked out. The hotel and rooms are extremely modern. Overall this was just great choice. It is very hard to find a single hotel room that can accomodate six people. I am sure they still have a 4 person max, but for all you big families out there I want you to know you can fit (if you choose)!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Waltham, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am sorry to say that the Embassy Suites in Waltham (our home town) did not meet our expectations for the cost of the room. The cleanliness of the room was not up to par, and our neighbors were quite noisy. We ordered room service and the tray with dirty dishes spent the night outside our door where I nearly tripped over it in the morning! The rooms themselves were nice and the check in/check out very easy; room service was tasty and what the breakfast lacked in elegance it made up for in taste and quantity. My advice, seek better value for your money until they get their housekeeping staff cleaned up...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Sean N
Robert W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Sean N,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire team, I appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues you encountered and apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have personally shared your comments with my team and we will continue to work with our Housekeeping and Room Service departments to improve our overall guests' experience. Additionally, our security and management team will always respond to noise complaints when reported or detected and I apologize about your noisy neighbors. Sean, I hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality accommodations you expect and deserve.

Rob Weitz General Manager
Connecticut
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Despite suites, the hotel is clearly a business hotel (on the day I stayed, anyway, I saw not one child). Clean place, nice room, friendly front desk. But I took a point off my review for each of these problems. First, the pool. There was no attendant (I arrived at 4 p.m.). There are no locks on the men's lockers. No robes or slippers. The pool is down a long, steep flight from the lockers. Second, the manager's reception. I've been to other Embassy Suites and expected a free drink or two and some nice snacks. No free drinks (Massachusetts law), there weren't enough seats in the lounge for everyone (on a Tuesday), and the snacks were limited to raw veggies, popcorn, and trail mix. Not bad, all in all, but not good, either. For $249 for the night I expected more. Helpful hint: I found the roads in the area confusing, even with OnStar. Be sure you know how to get where you're going.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank profjohn
Robert W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear profjohn,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important to me and my team so that we can continue our quest for excellent guest service and accommodations. The hotel caters to the various types of clientele in the Waltham vicinity. Typically, during the weekdays, we commonly have business travelers stay at the hotel as we are in the “backyard” of many businesses and Fortune 500 corporations. However, you will see plenty of families enjoying the accommodations and amenities, including the swimming pool, as the week turns into the weekend and holidays. Additionally, I am sorry that you did not find the complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to your liking and, as you noted, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts prohibits us from offering complimentary alcoholic beverages. I do hope that you found value in the complimentary Cooked to Order Breakfast, complimentary Evening Managers Reception, and Two-Room Suite, something you will not find at any other hotel in the area. I do look forward to you visiting us again in the near future and you may certainly contact me directly if I may be of further assistance.
Best Wishes,
Rob Weitz
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've been to this hotel again 2 weeks ago and it was as nice as before. It's my third time over there. Nothing negative to say. I like the location of this place. It's near the riverside subway station. Perfect deal for people who want to visit boston.

Great hotel, clean and great breakfast!

will return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank maxrx7
Park City, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Embassy Suites was clean, staff was pleasant and location was perfect for our off-site meetings. It was our first time in an Embassy Suites and we found the amount of space in the rooms to be perfect. There is also a complimentary breakfast with made to order omelets. Nice inclusion!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here in feb and have to say this hotel was such fantastic value, very clean, breakfast had a great choice. Staff were ever so polite and helpful. Would highly recommend it. Definately plan on staying here again soon even though it is a little bit outside downtown Boston it's relatively close to main highways. We got a good rate by booking direct with hotel.

Room Tip: Beds are really comfortable!