“I was very impressed with the lunch at the Embassy Suites Waltham.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waltham, Massachusetts
“I was very impressed with the lunch at the Embassy Suites Waltham.”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Our office went to the Embassy Suites Waltham for a lunch yesterday. We all had something different and it was all delicious. The atmosphere was fun and the service was outstanding.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MaryJulieMichael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed for 5 days and had an enjoyable experience. Suite like rooms that were comfortable and large. Recommend without rervations.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank K7189
hartford, ct
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I've stayed here twice when I've had gigs in Boston. It is close enough to the city and the hotel's layout and amenities are excellent for the price. It is not as nice as other Embassy Suites I've stayed at, but is certainly a better option that the prices you'd pay in Boston. The hotel did seem a little "cold", not in the temperature sense, it was just lacking a certain something that would make it perfect. They advertise free wifi, but in fact it is $10 a night. There is a restaurant on site, but I've always had food delivered to the hotel. Breakfast was quite good but gets absolutely packed and the food goes fairly quick. Overall, I'd definitely return and am planning on it for September when we are back in Boston.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed July 3, 2011

A bit surprised price is same as Boston's steep rates since this is out of the city limits. Typical Embassy Suites layout. Checked- in evening. Not a lot of restaurants around the area so we settled on dining at the hotel. We stood there for 10 or so minutes and the waiter was chatting with a customer who was behind his back. Waited until he would turn around and when he did, took a glimpse of us and proceeded to talk to the customers on the next table who were already dining! And there were only 3 tables that he had to attend to and didn't even acknowledge us to yaks us to a table! Husband was furious and walked out. What an -----! Managed to find a pizza place somewhere but that experience was surely a damper on our stay. And to think I was telling my husband about Embassy' s breakfast...

• Stayed June 2011
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have stayed here before when it was a doubletree hotel and loved it. When my parents decided to visit us for my nieces graduation i told them about my experience at this hotel. They loved the fact that is a suite with refrigerator and microwave ! I met them at the hotel after they checked in and was wowed by the new hotel !! The suite my parents had was so nice and my mom who is a neat freak commented on how spotless the suite was ! She especially loved the sheets that were pressed !! There are also 2 large screen tv's in the bedroom and living room area. My parents didnt really dine here but the new restaurant is stunning and the buffet looked amazing ! If you are in the boston area check out this hotel !! Especially if you have family visiting !!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank frank g
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed here last week; there were three couples in total. This hotel was fantastic!!! The staff is wonderful and the food in the restaurant is delicious!! The rooms were clean and we had a wonderful time. Everyone gets free breakfast and it's not just a continental breakfast it's a full breakfast! Every night they have free snacks in the lounge which I found to be a great addition. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelsoften12
VT
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I am a business traveler and I stay at Embassy Suites routinely and am normally very satisfied. This Embassy however is well below the Hilton line standards. The parking lot is not well lit and maintained. There is 1 light in the parking lot working for every 3! To make matters worse this is the only Hilton I have ever stayed at that maintains only one working entrance. If you want to enter the building you must walk all the way to the front door. There are not exterior card access doors anywhere in the building for guests and when you must traverse a dark, unlight lot it makes it oh so fun. Cleanliness is another huge problem here. There was so much hair (black of all different lengths) in the bathroom; on the floor, in the shower, in the towels, in the sink, in the sheets on the bed and also in the pull out couch that we had to damp wipe everything down before we used it. Oh and lets not forget the hair my daughter found in her omelet at breakfast and the one that my husband found in his fruit at breakfast. Don’t expect a response from management for any issues either at this location. I will not stay here again and would definitely not recommend it to anyone else who prefers a somewhat clean hotel with good hygiene.

Room Tip: Don't expect a clean room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank QCcutie
DoubletreeWalthamGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear QCcutie

On behalf of the entire team at the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham I would like to offer you my sincerest apology for your unpleasant experience at my hotel. I take your comments and feedback very seriously and have completed a thorough investigation of your allegations. I can assure you, and all of our guests, the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham holds Cleanliness, Safety and Security to the highest possible standards and in your case, we obviously fell short.
I am aware that our Front Office Manager contacted you the day after your departure (per your request) and spoke to you at length regarding these issues. Based upon this conversation, the hotel has taken strict and immediate action to ensure this will never occur to any of our guests in the future. Additionally, I was informed by our Front Office manager, that she has compensated you for your unfortunate experience and to ensure we have met our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

QCcutie, I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to make up for this unfortunate experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 781-890-6767 if I may offer you further assistance.

Best regards,