“A great hotel!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A great hotel!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed here last week; there were three couples in total. This hotel was fantastic!!! The staff is wonderful and the food in the restaurant is delicious!! The rooms were clean and we had a wonderful time. Everyone gets free breakfast and it's not just a continental breakfast it's a full breakfast! Every night they have free snacks in the lounge which I found to be a great addition. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelsoften12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
VT
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I am a business traveler and I stay at Embassy Suites routinely and am normally very satisfied. This Embassy however is well below the Hilton line standards. The parking lot is not well lit and maintained. There is 1 light in the parking lot working for every 3! To make matters worse this is the only Hilton I have ever stayed at that maintains only one working entrance. If you want to enter the building you must walk all the way to the front door. There are not exterior card access doors anywhere in the building for guests and when you must traverse a dark, unlight lot it makes it oh so fun. Cleanliness is another huge problem here. There was so much hair (black of all different lengths) in the bathroom; on the floor, in the shower, in the towels, in the sink, in the sheets on the bed and also in the pull out couch that we had to damp wipe everything down before we used it. Oh and lets not forget the hair my daughter found in her omelet at breakfast and the one that my husband found in his fruit at breakfast. Don’t expect a response from management for any issues either at this location. I will not stay here again and would definitely not recommend it to anyone else who prefers a somewhat clean hotel with good hygiene.

Room Tip: Don't expect a clean room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank QCcutie
DoubletreeWalthamGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear QCcutie

On behalf of the entire team at the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham I would like to offer you my sincerest apology for your unpleasant experience at my hotel. I take your comments and feedback very seriously and have completed a thorough investigation of your allegations. I can assure you, and all of our guests, the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham holds Cleanliness, Safety and Security to the highest possible standards and in your case, we obviously fell short.
I am aware that our Front Office Manager contacted you the day after your departure (per your request) and spoke to you at length regarding these issues. Based upon this conversation, the hotel has taken strict and immediate action to ensure this will never occur to any of our guests in the future. Additionally, I was informed by our Front Office manager, that she has compensated you for your unfortunate experience and to ensure we have met our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

QCcutie, I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to make up for this unfortunate experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 781-890-6767 if I may offer you further assistance.

Robert Weitz
Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Very good room and great breakfast, good location also

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Hales2010
Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is a former Doubletree that is almost completely converted to an Embassy Suites. Setup is a bit different but still very nice. Subdued and elegant with woodgrain. Rooms surround an elegant view with waterfalls. The only thing I did not care for was that there was non-stop catering the whole time we were there. If I had been there with children, I would have been wary because there is no way to prevent non-guests from roaming around the different floors. I personally feel that limiting elevator access would help this. Second, I enjoyed the cook to order breakfast (although the one at the Embassy Suites at Logan Airport is FAR superior) but I did not like the attendants hovering around. It was obvious they were looking for a gratuity which makes me inclined to leave less than I had planned. I also think 1030 on the weekend is a little early to shut down not only breakfast but the entire dining area. It appears there are some growing pains here but I am confident that management will recognize these and take the appropriate action.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeWalthamGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear BTDT115,

Thank you very much for your very positive and constructive feedback! Rest assured, I have embraced this very valuable feedback and will apply it to our never ending endeavor for excellent customer service and high quality food and beverage experience.

On behalf of the entire team, I appreciate very much!!!

Rob Weitz
Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed May 9, 2011

When I booked this hotel I booked at the Doubletree. The Doubletree is my favorite place to stay anytime I have to stay in a hotel and have a choice on the accommodations. Having been a flight attendant I have stayed at MANY hotels in my life. I was disappointed to find out when I checked in that it had switched to the Embassy Suites, however, I did not let the name change sway my opinion of my surroundings. Upon arriving I was pleased with the atmosphere in the lobby. Unfortunately, when we went up to our room we found three maid carts parked all around our door. At first I thought they were cleaning the room but there were no maids in sight. The carts remained there all night.
At around 1:15 am a fire alarm went off. We were forced to wait outside while the fire department came to investigate. No one working at that time had any information to give us. We just stood around waiting to hear something. Eventually we were told we could go back to our rooms but were never told what happened. Rumor was it was a false alarm, which would have been nice to know. The female working the desk stood around looking awkward and didn't seem sure of what to say or do.
Having a long drive ahead of us early the next morning, my husband and I went back to bed only to be woken up a few minutes later by the alarm again, followed by someone on the intercom saying it was all clear and we could go back to our rooms. Perhaps the staff needs more training on the procedures for an emergency situation.
Finally, the next morning as we were packing and getting ready to leave, I turned on the television to watch the news. We were disappointed to learn that the cable was out.
Today when I checked my bank statement I learned that the hotel put a $50 hold on my card for "incidentals"...something that was NOT explained during check-in. When I called to inquire I was told that this information is on my keycard (does anyone actually read that?) and I should have known. The customer service provided by the people answering the phones is very poor. The first rule in customer service I learned is it is never the customer's fault. At the very least they could indicate upon check-in the hold or even tell us to read the keycard for information. No person I know likes to have their money messed with.
Last, I will say that the breakfast was decent. Since it was included in the stay I can't really complain much but I will comment that the breakfast meats were not good.
The few hours we spent in this hotel were not worth the money. I missed the warm chocolate chip cookies Doubletree offered at check-in.
The next time we are in town we will stay with family or somewhere else. Even sleeping in the car would have been more enjoyable...at least I would have gotten a full nights rest--uninterrupted!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lovestotravel0880
DoubletreeWalthamGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear Lovestotravle0880,

On behalf of the entire team at the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham I would like to extend my sincerest apology for your disappointment during your recent stay. I understand that you initially booked our hotel when it was the Doubletree Guest Suites and that it was your favorite place to stay when in the area. In fact, the entire team has weathered the renovation and conversion to the Embassy Suites brand and is very excited to work in our newly renovated property!

There were obvious opportunities that you had encountered that were very unfortunate and were directly and indirectly related to the renovation project which I am pleased to report is complete! The depth and scope of the renovation was a challenge for us here at the hotel and although we attempted to minimize any disruptions to a pleasant stay, it is obvious that we fell short in your case, and for that you have my sincerest apology

The fire alarm was no doubt an unfortunate occurrence and our brand new, state of the art Emergency Management system functioned accordingly and in review of the situation, the system and staff on duty at 1:15am handled the situation accordingly. However, with your input and our continuous focus on the safety and security of all our gests and associates, we will be even more sensitive to inconvenience of a fire alarm regardless of it being a false alarm or an actual emergency.

Lovestotravle0880, if you could please contact me at rob.weitz@hilton.com so I may have the opportunity to discuss this with you further. I would really love to win back your loyalty!

Rob Weitz
General Manger
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We booked the Doubletree this past week-end despite the renovation and comments from some guests on Trip Advisor. We had a great stay. We could see that renovation was ongoing but heard no construction noises and were not disturbed by it. However, we were there over a week-end so that might explain it. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The Breakfast Buffet was delicious. The pool was closed but that was not an issue for us. The front desk employees were very friendly and helpful. The t.v. was small and old but I understand that the tvs will be updated soon. Overall, no complaints!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Martha's Vineyard
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I wasn't aware of the renovations when I booked the hotel on-line via the Hilton website. The main entrance is blocked, so you have to enter through the side door. No luggage carts available and there was only one person at the desk to help with anything. We checked in and were given a room on the 7th floor. The room was clean, but with outdated furniture and tv. Beds were very comfortable and we slept well...until we were woke up at 8am to hammering in the ajoining room and loud banging on the ceiling above us. It continued all day, along with a paint smell from the atrium, where they were painting the beams. The breakfast was ok, but just too expensive at $15/adult and $10 per child. We didn't eat much and my one child only ate an apple, but was still charged $10. There were a lot of families and kids running around, as there was a bat mitzvah in the lobby on Saturday night. Wifi was an $11 extra charge. All in all, this was not a relaxing stay, and I would not stay here again. In the immediate area, there is also a Hilton Gardern Inn, Courtyard Marriott and Westin hotel. I would stay in one of these instead.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Knows
DoubletreeWalthamGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Dear “Knows”
Thank you very much for taking the time to express your experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize to and your family for not meeting your expectations. Although the management team went to great extent to ensure there was “full disclosure” regarding our renovation, obviously in your case we seemed to have fallen short. Additionally, I have made further changes to our construction schedule in the effort that this type of disruption will not affect any of our future guests while we wrap up our renovation and conversion to the Embassy Suites brand. “Knows”, your comments are very important to me and my team. That said, I am proud to convey that at the end of our $14 million renovation in April, 2011 the factors related to construction will be addressed. If there is every the opportunity to serve you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at 781-890-6767 so I may have the opportunity to apologize to you in person in addition to ensuring that your future stays are a most positive experience.
Best regards, Rob Weitz, General Manager