“Unexpected utopia”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wakefield
ayer
“Unexpected utopia”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I had a function to attend that was held at this particular hotel. As I frequently use hotels, I was disappointed at the site of the hotel. This hotel is going through renovations so I began to look past that. I went to the bar and was greeted by the smooth sounds of strumming guitars because this was the live music night. I briefly wanted to unwind so I ordered a few drinks from this lovely bartender named heather. I didn't want anything fancy so I ordered a few beers and had a rum and coke. Heather was extremely nice and pleasant which left a smile on my face every time. As I was getting my room for the night or as I should say early morning because this was around the early morning hours my card was charged for a strange hundred dollars . I was frantic because I should have only been charged for incididentals that I would later get back. The manager was called down and he assured me that it was a mistake and not to worry because it would return back to my bank . He gave me a direct number to reach him if it was still there and told me to call him no matter when. When I returned back downstairs the morning for breakfast I was greeted by josh the manager that helped me the night before. You would never know that josh was running on few hours of sleep because his friendly and helpful demeaner was still there and very genuine. The omelette was gigantic and delicious and very very affordable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling because if you see past the renovations you come to realize that this is a home away from home.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank thoff7
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you very much for the very nice review. I have passed on your comments to both Heather and Josh. We hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed at the Lord Wakefield (CLARION) hotel North Ave Wakefield.
Up from Florida for Family funeral....
Must say we had the "BEST" breakfast and Dinners at the hotel restraunt. Would rate this gem A FOUR OUT OF FIVE STAR..
LORD WAKEFIELD IS A HIDDEN gem THAT Wakefield people need to know about and try.
Frank from the Villages in Florida.

Room Tip: Anyone at thedesk is great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Frank,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff and food at the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff and managers.

We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been a frequent guest at this location and have not only found it to be a great location to get to the highways , I am also able to say the staff is all very kind & helpful .The rooms are clean,the restaurant serves good food & great drinks . NO DISAPOINTMENTS HERE!
Lori Metcalf

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to grow. We hope to see you back again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Me and a couple of friends needed a place to stay last minute and this hotel was friendly, cheap, and accommodating. They realized that we were a couple of students trying to save some money so they offered us the biggest room in the hotel. The room overlooked the lake and it had all the basics (air conditioner, televisions, ...etc). We needed additional towels and the staff were friendly and came with them promptly. The best part was the breakfast! Seriously, if you need another reason to stay here do it for the breakfast. Delicious homemade pancakes, omelet and biscuits all included. We paid 80 for a night and the breakfast alone was worth 40+. Stay here if your look for a nice well priced hotel near the city of Boston. A 15 car ride will put you right in the heart of Boston. We will definitely be staying here again when we visit. Thank You.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review. We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Checked into this hotel on a Thursday night (1/16/14) because friend was participating in the local band night in the lounge. Though the bar was really not that busy, my friend was ignored for at least 10 minutes when he tried to buy a drink for me. We ordered food, (chicken parm and sirloin tips)which were surprisingly very tasty with a large portion size.
The room was clean, however,the cigarette burns on the bathroom sink were off-putting, especially for a non-smoker. The room's noisy heating/cooling unit ran for approximately 3 minutes, then turned off for 20 or so seconds and then turned right back on again. This cycle continued the entire night, despite changing the thermostat settings. I finally shut the unit down completely at 5 AM, but the television in the neighboring room was so loud that sleep was impossible.
I finally couldn't take any more and packed up and left at 6:15 AM. Be aware, the parking lot is very poorly lighted, and the area is desolate with many (?) warehouses or closed businesses around. I met some sketchy characters (three men who appeared to be drunk) on the way to my vehicle in the dimly lighted parking lot, who made inappropriate sexual remarks to me. As I was driving out, one of them lurched out in front of my car causing me to have to swerve to avoid him. Very scary...I would not recommend women venture into this parking lot alone between dusk and dawn.
My first...and last stay at this location.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, get a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Susan41569
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you felt unsafe in our parking lot. We do have multiple flood lights in our parking area but I will pass on your concerns to the maintenance department to review.

Travelers are raving about these Wakefield hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Highly recommend! Spent 6 nights during the Thanksgiving holiday. Family members live 5 minutes away from the hotel. It is a wonderful place to return to after hectic holiday fun. We stayed in a renovated room with an unobstructed view of the lake. It was very comfortable and decorated nicely. The staff was accommodating and friendly. We will definitely stay there every time we visit family.
Location is very convenient to almost anything you would want.

Room Tip: Lakeside, renovated rooms are the best.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beachtch
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear beachtch,

I am very glad you enjoyed staying with us during your Thanksgiving visit to family. We look forward to hosting you again soon.Maybe at Christmas time?;) I will be passing on your positive remarks to the hotel staff. Thank you again.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I am in town for business. I want a warm room, comfort, friendly staff who can answer questions,a place where I can find affordable food, I have found it all here. It is close to the highways. Easy to find.
A nice place to rest after work.
Breakfast is at a good price. Try the quesadillas after work

Room Tip: close to Boston without the Boston prices
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear cinkell,

I would like to say thank you for such a great review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us and hope you continue to enjoy the breakfast as well as the Quesdilla's!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North

Been to The Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!