“ok, lets get real” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wakefield
Norwalk, Connecticut
“ok, lets get real”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have read a lot of these reviews and have my own opinion. I have stayed here a few times, in fact i am in my room right now. First, if you are staying in a $60 a night room right outside of boston what are you really expecting? you should expect either a run down hotel or a hotel undergoing renovation! This hotel is undergoing a renovation and they are doing a very nice job. I met the owner not very long after she bought the hotel and she detailed everything she is going to do the property and i think it will be excellent when she is done. Keep in mind, it has only been about 12 months since she bought it. Considering the neglect this property has seen for many years this is a major undertaking! As to the state of the rooms currently, they are improving, albeit slowly. i have had the good fortune of having a done room and they are great, i am currently in a "not done room" not beautiful but the artwork is nice and when everything else is done, assuming it looks like the done room i was in it will be great. Just be realistic when staying in a hotel that is undergoing renovation and is $60 a night right outside of Boston, if you dont want a room that is dated and needs work i would suggest a hotel that charges a minimum of $200 a night if in this area. One last thing, I was told they are going to redo the pool, don"t know when but i am lobbying for a hot tub if and when they do!

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been renovated, the lake side view is great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review! We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My dad and I stayed here for 1 week on a vacation to Boston as part of our world travels. The hotel staff, including bartenders, front desk, cleaners etc were fantastic to us. We were greeted by a "good morning" every day without failure. Our room was clean, comfortable and had no fuss with next door disruptions as some people complain about. The bar serves great portions of food for the price, and has a good atmosphere in the right nights. There is a bus stop right out the front of the main road which makes it really easy to get into downtown Boston. Just be sure to check the timetable as the buses don't come as regularly as you may demand. We met some brilliant people at the bar and lobby, some who had been coming back for years. We loved hearing what they had to say. I will be coming back here in the future to spend time in Boston. Keep up the good work guys!

Stayed October 2013
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Fair Haven, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Currently spending 3 days here to tour Salem & Boston. Woke last night to conversation next door--could hear voices and their TV very distinctly as the walls are paper-thin. When we arrived back at the hotel yesterday, they had made the beds and given us fresh linens, but neglected to remove dirty coffee cups and styrofoam cups. Yuk!. The bathtub has a giant rust stain in the bottom--whole place quite down-at-the heels, including the lounge, which has the ambiance of a dive!

Room Tip: As far away from the lounge as possible on Weds and Sundays when they have karaoke.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am sorry that you have experienced problems during your stay. I am going to speak with the housekeeping manager to find out what happened with your room. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can help resolve the problems you encountered during your visit to the Boston area.

Travelers are raving about these Wakefield hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location and the staff are outstanding. Quiet and clean with well lit ample parking. I can get past the mostly uncomfortable bed, loud AC, and the 25" old school TV. The glaring issue is that the room I stayed in has not seen new carpet, wallpaper, or anything else new since the mid 70s. For example: marigold yellow bathtub. WOW is all I can say. I may be back but not until I am assured that a full remodel has been completed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are working very hard to update the hotel without disturbing our in house guests. I hope on your next stay that you can see all the wonderful changes we have made.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Well my dad booked us a hotel here so I cant get mad at him for not knowing. After my husband had an allergic reaction we told the manager and his solution was to move our things without us to another room. When we got to the new room there was a spider on the bed. We called again the front desk and they told us the manager doesnt
come in until 6am. ..lies because we asked the next morning and no manager

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
I am very sorry that you had a problem during your stay. Please call me at 781-245-6100, so that we may talk about the issues you had during your stay with us.
Monroe, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We got a room that was not remodeled yet. Bathroom counter badly stained formica, very tight walkway between the bed and the desk office chair, small room in general.The a/c unit quit working. Room was clean though and the beds were comfortable. It was only a 15 min. drive to Boston during the weekend. This hotel does NOT have free breakfast bar like most choice hotels. They have a small restaurant. Service is very slow and the breakfast food not so good. Pancakes tasted like dough, french toast not much taste. I would rather make my own waffle. I would not go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room, and have one facing the lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay here. We are striving daily to make improvements to our service. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with exceptional service.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently came back from my trip to MA. My wife and I stayed for the last two days there and we immediately regret what we did. After the check in, I noticed that they gave us a parking view room instead of a lake view room and when I talked to them they said they don't have a lake view room available and I can cancel my reservation (It was 10PM). Since I could not find another place at 10 PM, we decided to stay. The location was very nice and close to Boston. However, you hit a very heavy traffic if you take route 93. The room was small and dirty. The TV belonged to the ancient world and used to make a loud noise, and the carpet and the walls had tons of stains. There was a small coffee maker that still had some coffee in it! The bed was not comfy at all. Overall, I think this place is a motel not an inn. I won't recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 11 in Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to The Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!