“Hopefully it will be nice someday”
Review of The Lakeside Inn

The Lakeside Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wakefield
“Hopefully it will be nice someday”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location and the staff are outstanding. Quiet and clean with well lit ample parking. I can get past the mostly uncomfortable bed, loud AC, and the 25" old school TV. The glaring issue is that the room I stayed in has not seen new carpet, wallpaper, or anything else new since the mid 70s. For example: marigold yellow bathtub. WOW is all I can say. I may be back but not until I am assured that a full remodel has been completed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are working very hard to update the hotel without disturbing our in house guests. I hope on your next stay that you can see all the wonderful changes we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Well my dad booked us a hotel here so I cant get mad at him for not knowing. After my husband had an allergic reaction we told the manager and his solution was to move our things without us to another room. When we got to the new room there was a spider on the bed. We called again the front desk and they told us the manager doesnt
come in until 6am. ..lies because we asked the next morning and no manager

• Stayed October 2013
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
I am very sorry that you had a problem during your stay. Please call me at 781-245-6100, so that we may talk about the issues you had during your stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Wakefield hotels

Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We got a room that was not remodeled yet. Bathroom counter badly stained formica, very tight walkway between the bed and the desk office chair, small room in general.The a/c unit quit working. Room was clean though and the beds were comfortable. It was only a 15 min. drive to Boston during the weekend. This hotel does NOT have free breakfast bar like most choice hotels. They have a small restaurant. Service is very slow and the breakfast food not so good. Pancakes tasted like dough, french toast not much taste. I would rather make my own waffle. I would not go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room, and have one facing the lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay here. We are striving daily to make improvements to our service. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with exceptional service.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently came back from my trip to MA. My wife and I stayed for the last two days there and we immediately regret what we did. After the check in, I noticed that they gave us a parking view room instead of a lake view room and when I talked to them they said they don't have a lake view room available and I can cancel my reservation (It was 10PM). Since I could not find another place at 10 PM, we decided to stay. The location was very nice and close to Boston. However, you hit a very heavy traffic if you take route 93. The room was small and dirty. The TV belonged to the ancient world and used to make a loud noise, and the carpet and the walls had tons of stains. There was a small coffee maker that still had some coffee in it! The bed was not comfy at all. Overall, I think this place is a motel not an inn. I won't recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013

Maine
Reviewed September 27, 2013

In process of remodeling but it was clean and quiet when were were there the Staff were great and very helpful. Breakfast was wonderful. We would stay here again. They got us a taxi and the taxi service into boston was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Micbrook,

Thank you for the very kind review. We hope you will stay with us again in the future so that we can once again provide you with excellent customer service.
Linton, Indiana
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel was sufficient for all my needs, but it certainly didn't dazzle a person in any way. I would have liked to have stayed in a recently renovated room, but was in an older room so my review may not give the hotel complete justice.

The room was clean, not spotless but clean. The windows provided a nice view of the lake, but were very dirty and cloudy. You could see where some repairs to the room had been made and a few little things such as the faucet handles in the bathroom sink leaked a little when turned on. It was just little things like that which detracted from the room, but I had no major complaints. Housekeeping services were efficient and no problems with getting clean towels.

The hotel had a restaurant and small bar located directly off the lobby area. Prices were high for the breakfast and the wait for food was quite a bit longer than what I would I consider acceptable. They had a DJ on a Wednesday night in the bar area and shut it down an hour early due to guest complaints so at least the hotel listens.

The hotel is located about 15-20 minutes from downtown Boston, and was an easy route getting to downtown. Also there is a subway station about 10 minutes from the hotel that takes you directly into downtown Boston which is convenient if you're looking to avoid costly parking downtown. Our ride from the Oak Grove subway station to Kenmore Station (Fenway Park) took about 20-25 minutes with one transfer at the North station. The hotel had plenty of parking.

This hotel had plenty of convenient things going for it, but as I said in my opening statement---it was sufficient, but the room itself definitely didn't dazzle me. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again on a return trip to Boston.

Room Tip: In my 3 days I had no problems w/ noise from the Bar, but I could see being in a room too close to t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear lp3coda,

Thank you for the positive review. We are working quite hard to get all of our rooms fully renovated as quickly as possible. I am so sorry that you had an issue with breakfast taking to long and being to expensive. I have passed your issues on to the Restaurant manager and they are taking steps to avoid excessive waiting times for breakfast. I hope that you will once again stay with us and get to see all the improvements including our renovated rooms. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just got back from my second stay here this year and I will be coming back a 3rd time!!!
I've read some bad reviews about the place. Let me tell you "You get what you pay for" and for the money this place is perfect. My family came to meet up with me after I was a week on the road and they also were Delighted to stay here!!!! Sunday night my son who is 8 years old said "He had the Time of his life" LOL We played pool while they had Karaoke going on. My wife and I had a few beers. The staff is very Friendly. Many restaurants right up the road also a Stop and Shop Supermarket!!! Room had a Fridge and a Microwave, Room was clean!!! What more can you ask for??? Well yeah one Thing!!! A Flat Screen TV!!!! I believe this would be one of the Last Phase of the Remodeling!!!! For sure I will return and I do recommend to anyone looking for a Great Place to stay!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank iamMAJIK
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review! We look forward to your next visit with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 9 in Danvers
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody

Been to The Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!