“Best Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been eating at the Art Cliff for years, it is consistently delicious and always my first choice for breakfast when I'm on the island.
It's a tiny little place with a fun and funky feel, friendly competent service, and amazing food... My go-to is the bulls eye- a huge fresh fishcake with 2 eggs (I get poached local Island eggs which are totally worth the extra few cents) lots of hollandaise (the best I've ever had at a restaurant) a touch of spicy mustard oil, and arugula to finish the plate.
Pancakes are all amazing, and I always want to get a short stack in addition to whatever else I get. There are always amazing specials on the board- there have been a couple times when I've had amazing seafood chowder... yum!
Gina- the Chef/Owner is friendly, an amazingly hard worker, and is so hands-on that you can always count on the quality being consistent time and time again.
I really can't say enough good things about this place...The ONLY deterrent at times (esp. in season) is the wait for a table which can sometimes be torturous when you're hungry, but it's always worth the wait. I always recommend the Art Cliff to anyone looking for breakfast on martha's vineyard.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The taste of the Island is right in this small diner with a menu offerings that could shame most 4 and 5 star Hotels. The owner is a chef from NY. and Washington DC. food is prepared to perfection. From a order of toast to the most sophisticated crapes it is outstanding to say the least.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Creative menu & quality food at this always fun spot! Tends to be a little noisy and we have always had to wait for breakfast between 9:30 and 10:30am...but it is worth it! Seasonal menu and the daily blackboard offerings never dissappoint...this is a yearly stop for us for breakfast at least twice when we visit MV.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Artcliff Diner deserves its reputation as a place with excellent breakfast dishes. We visited in the off-season and had no wait. However, I don't know if its amazing enough to wait an hour for a table during the high season. The corned beef hash and eggs were quite good and the portion was more than generous. The dried cherry scone was delicious as well. I found the prices to be fair given the portion size. On the negative side, our server was courteous at best - not necessarily warm or welcoming. I think she was more interested in her smartphone than waiting tables that morning.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've been vacationing at Martha's Vineyard for years and Art Cliff Diner is always a must. It caters to all kinds and the one thing is common is great breakfast food, excellent service and friendly staff. The blueberry pancakes are scrumptous and the real maple syrup is worth the extra charge. Our favorite place on the Vineyard.