“Always fun!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Ringoes, New Jersey
“Always fun!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Creative menu & quality food at this always fun spot! Tends to be a little noisy and we have always had to wait for breakfast between 9:30 and 10:30am...but it is worth it! Seasonal menu and the daily blackboard offerings never dissappoint...this is a yearly stop for us for breakfast at least twice when we visit MV.

Visited September 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast but not "amazing"”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Artcliff Diner deserves its reputation as a place with excellent breakfast dishes. We visited in the off-season and had no wait. However, I don't know if its amazing enough to wait an hour for a table during the high season. The corned beef hash and eggs were quite good and the portion was more than generous. The dried cherry scone was delicious as well. I found the prices to be fair given the portion size. On the negative side, our server was courteous at best - not necessarily warm or welcoming. I think she was more interested in her smartphone than waiting tables that morning.

Bethesda, MD
“We never get tired of this place”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've been vacationing at Martha's Vineyard for years and Art Cliff Diner is always a must. It caters to all kinds and the one thing is common is great breakfast food, excellent service and friendly staff. The blueberry pancakes are scrumptous and the real maple syrup is worth the extra charge. Our favorite place on the Vineyard.

• Visited August 2012
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
“Disappointing, to say the least”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We moved to the island in February and have been successfully trying 'Island Recommended' restaurants every week since. We heard so many great reviews about Artcliff (as you can see below) and were so excited to try it this morning.

That was until we were greeted at the door. No smiles, just a blank stare and rude shuffling of people in and out of the restaurant. And then there was the food. Living on this island, you pay more. But when I pay $10 for eggs, home fries, and toast - I expect it to be somewhat tasty AND warm when it gets to my table. My fiance and I had extremely cold/bland food. Such a disappointment after such the hype :/

Poor, unfriendly service that didn't fill our water cups, smile, or thank us for visiting after practically throwing the check on our table was just the topper to an awful restaurant experience.

I don't endorse the hype over this restaurant, and the looks on everyone else faces this morning said the same. (we'll be sticking with Mocha Motts - they serve decently flavored food with a smile)

1 Thank Al L
Gunnison, Colorado
“Delicious but hectice”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was always my favorite breakfast on the island but my last 2 visits here were just too hectic to fully enjoy. I don't mind waiting for good food but this tiny restaurant is so packed full of chairs, tables and warm bodies that it negates a piece of what makes this place so desirable: it's delicious food! Our service was pretty horrible this summer with an overly grumpy hostess and a server who couldn't seem to get back to our table to refill our coffee (m husband had to ask 3 times for a refill). This year it just felt like they wanted you out of the there as soon as possible. Hopefully they figure out how to balance being busy while also allowing for a dining experience for customers.