“Struggling.”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had heard good things about this place, but it was honestly one of the worst restaurant experiences we've ever had. Thank goodness we had a gift certificate or I don't think we would have stayed past the appetizer -- especially not at those prices! First, we arrived at 7pm and were one of 2 tables seated in the whole restaurant. Awkward? Then we ordered the appetizer special which was lobster bisque-- except it was brown and smelled like mushrooms and tasted like rotten cream-- no lie. And there were no lobster chunks in it.. I'm not sure this was the chef's creative take on lobster bisque. We've never sent food back in a restaurant before but this was just wrong. The other food (duck, filet mignon) was... ok... but not worth the $40 price tag per entree, especially not when there are other amazing places on the island like l'etoile, Sweet Life, or Lambert's Cove, at the same price. I think the owner really does take pride in the place so it's really too bad.. they are just out of touch at this point. The only reason we give it 2 stars is because our server was great.

2  Thank jonnyboy83

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I consider this to be one of the top restaurants we've been to, anywhere in the world. We used to go at least a couple times each summer. Sadly, we won't get back as often, as we sold our summer home on MV, but we will certainly will be back when visiting the Island. M. Dupon, the owner, is delightful, and gave us a tour of his kitchen, as well as divulging a few recipe secrets.... Everything on the menu that we've had has been splendid, as well as the simple but delicious sides (protest if you don't get the carrots! They are really that good!). It is sad to hear that the owner is retiring, I hope that the restaurant will continue on, and be as good as it always has been.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

And I mean EVERYTHING, because I have tried everything on the menu. This is the one place I have returned to again and again and have done so for over twenty years. Definitely worth the price found at this caliber a restaurant. The staff is wonderful, and the owner is so kind. We will miss his tasty French Food when he retires.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant for 5 years. It is always excellent! We are unhappy to hear the owner is going to retire. Now is the time to get to this great place and experience the gourmet cooking and great service!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The owner greeted us at the door.
Delicious food, My husband had the Escargot and I had a salad (made fresh - you could tell) for an appetizer. We split a meal -Filet Mignon - which was great, because some restaurants are not very accommodating for this. Wine and dessert and a great waitress Michele, made for a very nice dinner.