“Great food, .....atmosphere!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I went to Saltwater in September and sat at the bar. We go to many places on MV and have been going in the fall for years. I have to say the food was excellent - from the oysters, to an incredible cod dish, and swordfish that was cooked to perfection.....I'm very fussy about my seafood! We loved it,....so much that we went twice during our stay. All the produce, fish, meats were local. The staff was so friendly. Our bartender the first visit, Michael, actually grew the flowers on the bar and at the tables. A great touch!

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Dinner at saltwater is a lovely experience . The food is mostly local fish and vegetables and this time of year ...it's wonderful!! The local tomatoes are as sweet as candy. We had the cod dinner and it was mouth watering. We had the nicest waitress ...also local.and she made our evening most enjoyable. When they didn't have anymore of the wine my husband had for his first glass,she brought him 2 others to see if he liked any of those. I very lovely evening to enjoy close to the ferry and town.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Since the new chef took over a couple of years ago, have not had a bad meal at this restaurant. The prices are not bad by Martha's Vineyard standards (read that as expensive) The food is well prepared and imaginative and the atmosphere lovely. Good views of the lagoon

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arrived a bit before 12 noon to grab a sandwich before heading out to my ferry at 1:30. We ordered everything with our drinks - surely enough time. Bottom line, despite alerting the staff 45 minutes after our order that I might just have to get my sandwich to go (the others were not leaving) they were incapable of getting that done and I left at 1:20 without having any meal whatsoever. My wife indicated that there was absolutely no apology offered. 5 sandwiches, 2 hours

1  Thank djmv
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had breakfast there this morning and it was delicious! We laughed because the line was long for Art Cliff, but we walked right into Saltwater. I have news for folks waiting for ArtCliff - there's a great breakfast to be had at Saltwater! Three in my party had the 2 eggs with homefries and toast and were very pleased with their meal. I had an everything bagel with cream cheese, tomato, and red onion - soooo yummy. Six of us (4 adults, 2 kids) had a lovely breakfast for only $46. View of the lagoon was lovely, atmosphere was great, and food was great. Two thumbs up from our happy crew!