“Do this sail!!”

Witch of Endor Sailing Charters
Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you do one thing on your trip to the Vinyard--do this sail. Captain Pascal made our experience so special. We were to be married earlier in the day, but the weather prevented a beach wedding, so we were able to do it on the Witch of Endor. Thanks to his flexibility and professionalism we had such a fantastic experience. He is truly a incredible host and you feel like family on his amazing ship.

Date of experience: August 2013
"boats"
"mv"
"waves"

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My party of three had a first class experience onboard the Witch of Endor. Captain Pascal was truly a master of the art. He navigated the crowded harbor with ease, which made us feel we were in good hands. Not only did he master the sea, he was also a culinary king, serving a picture perfect platter of fruit, cheese and salami. The radiant colors of the sunset filled the skies all around us, which was a surprise since we expected to see it only on the horizon. Under full sail the sound of the wind and the waves made beautiful music that was accompanies by the gentle rocking of the sea. If you can't tell, I loved every minute of it. Captain Pascal was an excellent host and a really nice guy. He was easy to talk to and made you feel like you had quickly made a new friend. I highly recommend this cruise! Thank you Captain Pascal.
P.S. My sister sucked as a passenger. She complained about the cat all night. The cat was at home being a great host and very friendly.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Sailing on The Witch of Endor is a must do if you will be visiting Martha's Vineyard. We had eight adults and 2 children under 6 on a sunset cruise with Captain Pascal and everyone agreed it was the best experience of our 7 days at Martha's Vineyard. Totally exceeded our expectations!!

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife, mother-in-law and 5-year-old son went for a 2-hour sunset cruise out of Menemsha. Pascal arrived right on time at 6:15p but I was having limited success getting my son to walk a 1/2 mile along the beach back to the dock without being distracted by the ocean. I also have a limited sense of direction and we ended up keeping our captain waiting for about 15 minutes.

He greeted us politely and we stepped into the inflatable raft that would take us to the ship. My wife and mother-in-law have a fear of small vessels and I brought enough photography equipment to document the dawn of the apocalypse for the alien race that would find earth's remains. It was everyone's first time in a sailboat and we had no idea how to behave or what to expect.

After we climbed into the ship and got settled, we watched an amazing sunset. Maybe our captain was having a not-so-great day, but I picked up a subtle negative vibe that stuck with me the entire trip. I felt like I was being judged for sucking as a passenger (which I probably did, despite my efforts). He was a super-chill guy, but I felt like I was imposing on his laid-back, relaxed, one-with-the-sea world and he quietly resented me for it. I felt like crap about myself for the rest of the night.

Maybe he just had a bad day. But have your act together for maximum enjoyment.

Date of experience: September 2012
7  Thank Melvin J
See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our sail was customized to the groups' wishes: i.e., maximum time under sail combined with a sunset. We willingly paid modest additional fees to extend our sailing time and increase the number of people in our group. Captain Pascal's obvious competence and verbal explanations of sailing and the boat made the new sailors among us feel secure. He also played the perfect host (special refreshments) and recounted stories and histories of the Vineyard and sailing en route. Of importance to the few guests who were interested, the captain graciously accommodated the small attempts to assist in the sailing tasks. So here's to Captain Pascal! I hope to have the chance to sail with him again.

Date of experience: August 2012