“Go there all the time”

Cuisines: Seafood
Martha's Vineyard, United States
“Go there all the time”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

THE place to go for seafood when down island. Their sister store (literally) in Menemsha we frequent all summer and it is THE place to get seafood in summer.

Visited September 2012

Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“fresh island scallops.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Varied shellfish, fish, and sides.They also had freshly made suishi.They will cook lobsters, scallops and fish to order.Scallops were native and reasonable priced.We brought food home to cook and they were so sweet and delicious!

Visited November 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“SEA FOOD yummy and fresh !”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We enjoyed the place so much . Was crowded, as lot of residents from the island come very often to this place to eat or buy fresh fish . We had lobster, fresh fry shrimps and crab cakes w/ wild rice . all was perfect and delicious . You will love it !!!

• Visited August 2012
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Just go here”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am here weekly if not more. It is a seafood / sushi take out and fish market in one. I have had many things on the menu which have all exceeded expectations. All fresh! My favorite is the Swordfish sandwich. There is also a sushi chef there who prepares everything fresh right in front of you. This has been my latest addiction since I went gluten free. Chef Hesi is the fastest and most precise worker ever. I love the regular rolls that you would come to expect on the menu. There is The Chef Hesi roll or Martha's Vineyard roll that is absolutely amazing. Service is always good. There is a lot of volume so if you can go at non peak times it is usually quick. There a re picnic tables outside or you can get it to go. Prices are island standard. If you like seafood this has something for everybody.

• Visited October 2012
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Inedible Steamers”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have eaten here before, but had a bad experience last week. We ordered takeout, drove 15 minutes back to our cottage in Edgartown only to find out the steamers were inedible. I've been clamming and ordering seafood on the island for years so I know that if you don't soak steamers before cooking, they will be sandy. And we are all game for a few grains of sand in our steamers - that's just life. However these were teeth-damaging crunchy. They were AWFUL. I called and asked if I could bring them back. I explained as kindly as I could that they were inedible. The guy said very rudely "well, there's a big sign that says NO RETURNS, but bring 'em back I guess" then hung up on me. We went back and saw the sign, and then dumped the clams in the trash outside. I didn't feel like getting a ration of sh** for a measly $10 back.

Plus I KNOW what it takes to get sand out of steamers (not much effort) and I also know I got a lovely bag of steamers the next day at Larsens in Menemsha.

There are just too many awesome seafood places on this island to deal with such a complete lack of effort from an establishment. It's a shame b/c the location is so convenient and we used to like this place. That $10 has cost them years of return visits from my family. It is so easy and cheap,comparatively speaking, to just make something right.

• Visited October 2012