“Wedding rehearsal dinner”

Mason, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Arranging for a wedding rehearsal dinner for 25 at a restaurant you are not able to visit prior to the dinner can be an anxiety producing event. The event exceeded our expectations and all guest gushed over the outstanding meal. We began on the second floor deck with drinks and then moved inside to the dining area. The place was set up lovely and we had a four course meal. We started with the chowder which was one of the best chowders I have ever had. The salads were presented beautifully and our main meal choices included either grilled swordfish, filet mignon or vegetarian risotta. The steaks were cooked perfectly to each persons specification and one guest requested the seafood on top be removed, which was quickly done. I had swordfish at another venue and the Blue Canoe meal way surpassed my second meal.

The staff accommodated a challenge with grace and patience (unexpected child brought and needed to set an additional place setting). Staff would check in with me to see how things were going and if anything additional was needed. Courses were served without long wait times and the food was delicious. The last course with Berry Cobbler was wonderful.

I can't say enough about the food and service and highly recommend this as a dinner or large party site. The views of the water were gorgeous. Having a yacht with a helicopter in view kept the guys entertained as well.

My only negative was our two different GPS locators did not find the restaurant and we needed to drive around the main road to locate the site. Better Road signage with the address could help. Many building in the area do not have the street addresses on the buildings.

When I return to Martha's Vineyard I plan on returning for another meal here.

Edinburgh, Scotland
“Great dinner in Vineyard Haven!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner sitting just inside (they do have an outdoor deck) as it seemed a little cold that evening. Our waiter was young, enthusiastic, amusing and helped on our meal choices.
Lobster fritter appetiser was delicious - easily a shareable! I ate Caesar salad with grilled shrimp and my friend had the seafood risotto. Both very tasty - more seafood and less rice it was commented how much seafood there was in the plate in fact!
We had a bottle of Pol Roger champagne too - at a reasonable $79 too!!!
No room for dessert.
Would recommend this place for sure. A short walk from the Main Street.

1 Thank RunningZed
Rochester, New York, United States
“A WONDERFUL EXPERIANCE”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

As we often do, we were vacationing on the island (Martha's Vineyard) we have dined in many of the eateries' but we had not visited the Blue Canoe. We made reservation and when we arrived we were greeted as old friends. We were led to a enclosed porch with the most beautiful view of the harbor with a display of gorgeous yacht's and boats. The restaurant is located in a dry town but can sell wine and beer with a food order only. The wine selections are extensive and very in price, My wife ordered Lobster fritters with a delicious dipping sauce with a light, very light curry taste. I had a flavorful muscles steamed in cilantro wine and a secrete ingredient. 2nd course... was a excellent Creaser's Salad with the best croutons I had ever tasted. Our main course was my wife ordered a risotto with a medially of vegetable's, from asparagus, artichokes, red peppers, carrots and to many more to remember. But done perfectly. I ordered a filet of tender loin over red mashed potato's with asparagus spears and a lobster sauce and lobster fritters. an outstanding dish cooked to perfection (a great selection) deserts from cheese cake to a 3 berry cobbler, and cream brule. The server always attentive but not over barring, water glasses always full, a delicious warm bread serving as much as you want. My experience in the Blue Canoe just short of perfect. We will return and recommend this place without hesitation.

1 Thank Salvatore J T
Merseyside
“Cold but tasty”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was getting dark and cool when we ate but that didn't detract from the good service and excellent food

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joseph05
“Great location, amateur service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a fabius location, you can see the ferries come in and watch beautiful sailboats right at your feet. Be sure to reserve a table on the second floor deck.
The server was an amateur and a bit rude

• Visited August 2013