“We're Back”
Review of Greenwood House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Greenwood House
Ranked #8 of 11 Vineyard Haven B&B and Inns
Montreal
“We're Back”
Reviewed July 19, 2006

My wife and I just returned from another great weekend at the Greenwood House in Vineyard Haven. We stayed there last summer and enjoyed it very much. This time we brought friends with us. They liked the Greenwood House so much they are talking about returning in September and again with us next July.
Larry and Kathy are the best. Kathy recomended a very good restaurant about a 10 minute walk from the Greenwood and gave us the phone number and the name of her favorite waiter.
They recommended a couple of very nice beaches that we visited and they even let us use their beach towels and offered to let us use their beach chairs. Breakfast both mornings was very good.
We had the same room as last summer and everything was perfect again. Our friends had a room on the 1st floor that was also very nice.
Next summer we hope to return to the Greenwood House for a longer stay.

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — stay was too short
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask the owners for beach and restaurant recommendations.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2005

I stayed for one night at the Greenwood House in Martha’s Vineyard. On the positive side, I can say that the room was very clean. The location is not really what they claimed, it’s a good six block walk from Vineyard Haven but I wouldn’t have minded that if the hosts had been gracious. I went out to get coffee at 10:15 because they only serve breakfast from 8:30 to 9:30 and do not even have a coffee station set up for guests to help themselves. Also the breakfast they serve is mediocre at best, it was literally raisin bran and some semi-stale banana bread. The other guests who were at the table with me had literally brought their own granola with them to eat at breakfast. I don’t mind roughing it but when a place claims to have breakfast, I expect a little more effort… When I returned at 10:30, my bags were sitting by the front door. I asked if I could go upstairs to make sure all my belongings had been removed from the room and was told by Larry that he had already checked it. Its extremely disorienting to have someone else move your bags. What annoyed me the most was that I had been told that check out was 11 am and I was very careful to return at 10:30 to be sure to be out of the room on time. Larry made me so uncomfortable that I did not even want to sit in the living room which is trite but clean.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, owner at Greenwood House, responded to this review, December 29, 2005
Wow, what a surprise to read about our guest from Washington, D.C. having such a terrible one night stay at Greenwood House bed and breakfast.

We sincerely apologize for their disagreeable one night stay. I reviewed our records and found a guest in September 2005 from Washington, D.C. and they stayed 3 nights, plus cancelled one night, at no charge. Is this the same guest??? Or, are you the guest who stayed late August 2005 from Falls Church, VA??

If this guest reads this response, we gladly offer them a free 2 night stay to show them they are wrong on our hospitality.

We also keep records of what is served for breakfast. Each day is something different. This guest just hit the cereal and "stale" bread day. Other days are french toast (as written by another guest to this site), crepes, pancakes, quiche, waffles, and many other items. We have 14 different breakfasts, so as not to repeat for longer stays.

Check-out time is printed everywhere as 10:00 am, not 11:00 am. If possible, we can allow late check-out provided the room is not being used that day, and we are a non-smoking bed and breakfast. Both guests above were smokers.

We apologize for moving their bags.

We have been in business for 12 years and have served well of 10,000 guests. Feedback should be provided, at least as a courtesy to the innkeeper and probably not on the internet, as we all have our own opinions as to what is good and bad. Some people are high maintenance, some are not.

Our reputation of averaging about 15% returns, every year, far out weighs on individuals concerns. We all have bad days. This doesn't gloss over the fact this guest had a problem.

Given equal chance and response, we again offer this guest to call and identify themselves and we will provide them with a free 2 night stay.

Larry Gomez

#4 of 11 in Vineyard Haven
Crocker House Inn
Crocker House Inn
#9 of 11 in Vineyard Haven

Been to Greenwood House? Share your experiences!