“Glad I Didn't Judge by Appearances!”
Review of Gia Ristorante

Gia Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Glad I Didn't Judge by Appearances!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Preface: This review addresses lunch or dinner- NOT breakfast, which is a total disaster and should be stopped immediately.
Moving on, the food here has been consistently good every time, which is probably around ten or so visits by now. The seafood is always exceptionally fresh, the sauces are delightful, and the service has always been very prompt and friendly. I'm always surprised by the quality of the food, probably because it stands in such stark contrast to its remarkably outdated atmosphere. I keep going back because I'm always satisfied with my meal, but I really dislike the place's appearance- sort of a 1970's Cracker Barrel kind of vibe. If any restaurant were in need of a makeover, this is the one! Any negative issues (aside from breakfast) at Gia are purely cosmetic. There are few places in the area that offer an upscale dining experience, so this place could really cash in with some updating. They have the food part down pat (Hurray!), but the bar seats roughly 8 people (Boo!) even though there is a whole room that could accommodate a huge wrap-around bar. Missed opportunity there, for sure. I would love to come to the bar for drinks and appetizers (always good beers on tap), but there are never any seats. So, absolutely go for lunch or dinner! Ignore the decor and just look at your plate. Or your spouse. Probably not your kids, though, because we all know what happens when spaghetti's involved.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank glasllyn

Millville, Massachusetts, United States
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Waited 45 Minutes for breakfast service. Waitress never asked us if we wanted more coffee Or needed anything else. We got up and found the jelly on our own. It will be a long time before we go back, if we ever go back.
Watched bus boy empty dirty dishes onto the coffee table and left dirty silverware on the table. I was afraid that the utensils were going to be put in with the clean ones, so as I was leaving I went over and put the utensils in the dirty dish bucket.
I was totally disgusted with the restaurant and service

• Visited September 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great Food, Prices and Service”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The food here is grrrrreat! Great quality and portions. Never had bad service, either! Would come back again without a second thought.

• Visited August 2013
Providence, RI
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food and service are consistently good! I do not like the atmosphere but keep going back. Hopefully they will renovate soon...the Old Oyster Cabin look doesn't really fit with Italiano, but it is well worth the trip:)

Visited July 2013
Mass
“won't be going back!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've been twice. First time was pretty good. We went back in July and t was pretty bad. One server on our side of the restaurant...waited forever for our drinks. We then found out they have issues with their building and the AC doesn't work when its very hot outside...and it was a steamer outside as it was in! My stuffed shrimp came and when i put it on my plate the stuffing ran...the shrimp was cooked but the stuffing was dead raw...how can that be? It was wet...it went back! the waitress told me i could have a drink on the house but that came after my meal which took 20 minutes to get and it still wasn't up to par. I thought we found a new favorite restaurant, but I was wrong...we won't be going back!

• Visited July 2013