“A delightful time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyngsboro
Plainfield, Illinois
“A delightful time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

All aspects of my solo overnight stay at the Stonehedge Inn were superb. The front desk & wait staff were provided by an international staff, each of whom was friendly and provided information that helped me enjoy my stay. The room accommodations were exceptionally top notch and tasteful: clean, quite comfortable, beautifully decorated and with details such as soft music playing upon my arrival and the bed turned down with cookies on the nightstand. The ambiance was quiet and relaxing. I enjoyed a delicious breakfast with attentive service. I will definitely return the next time I visit New England.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Monterey, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ratings place this at a 4 or 5 star level. Maybe it once was, it certainly has the potential. But I view this as an Inn on it's way out. It has a great wine list and very good restaurant food. The menu had no changes during the week we were there and on specials. So I wonder about the freshness potential. We were there with a dozen others as a business offsite. The support for the event was below average. The meeting room had a noisy banging in the wall that was very disruptive - they had no sense of urgency to correct it and never did. Very distracting and disappointing. Staff was just not engaged in their jobs and roles. Pleasant enough - good - but not memorable or great like I expect 4 and 5 stars to be. The room was OK, it was large - comfy bed, but the TV was on a rackity shelf and could not be viewed full screen from the bed no matter how we adjusted it. Window blinds were confusing with two levels of blinds on pull strings that were not consistent - one window it was the outside pull and another was inside pull - again, not a big deal but 4 star? I don't think so. This is a place currently at 3 stars and because of the lack of an engaged staff I predict a 2 within a year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

There were 6 of us that participated in the Spa Day. Everyone enjoyed it; in fact we want to make it an annual event.
We had use of all the amenities at the facility and took full advantage of them.
The staff blocked off one of the locker rooms for the event, lunch was served pool side, and it was great.
The staff was extremely cooperative, friendly and accommodating.

We’re all going back next year to celebrate “The Circle of Friends".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank catsBK2
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The perfect place for a couples relaxing, romantic getaway. Five star gourmet food and service, a beautiful country setting and a very clean and nicely appointed room provided the perfect weekend escape from the hustle and bustle of city living.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently held our daughters wedding reception at the Stonehedge Inn. We would rate this as a 5-star experience throughout. Starting with their banquet manager, Tatiana, who was a pleasure to work with, Stonehedge exceeded all of our expectations. The food and wine service was exceptional as was the setup of the venue. We held an outdoor cocktail reception followed by a sit down dinner in the main dining room. Our wedding included 90 guests. This venue made for a much nicer and elegant wedding reception than the typical grand ballroom experience. We would strongly recommend Stonehedge for a wedding reception. Many of our guests also stayed overnight at the inn and were very impressed with the lodgings and impeccable service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I live in the local area, and had previously been to the Left Bank restaurant for mother's day brunches, Thanksgiving meals, etc. I had not stayed at the Inn before, but had heard that it was very nice.

My boyfriend and I decided that we needed a one-night getaway, and when we saw a Groupon for dinner at Left Bank, thought that a stay at the Inn with a great dinner was a fabulous option. I booked our reservation for this weekend about a month and a half ago online through the Inn's website.

On Friday (one day before our check-in date), I was contacted by Kelsey who explained that due to errors with their online booking service, they were unable to accommodate us with the room type we had booked (a King bedded room with a jacuzzi and fireplace). She said that she would put us in a regular room, without the jacuzzi and fireplace, and offered to put champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. We chose to go ahead with this - but not very happily. We had really been looking forward to both of those amenities, and were paying a lot of money for them. Because we both often have to work weekends, we had requested the time off for this mini getaway, and it didn't make sense to try to reschedule our stay.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by the Front Desk staff. The said that we did not have a dinner reservation at first (which I had also made 1 1/2 months ago), but they did eventually find it. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. I work at a hotel, so I value these things a lot. Our dinner was amazing - the restaurant staff were very attentive and the food was amazing. He loved his fois gras appetizer and I loved my beef tenderloin entree. The honey chocolate molten lava cake for dessert was sent from heaven. Expensive dinner (we ordered wine and an extra appetizer in addition to the Groupon), but very worth it.

As a hotel employee, I understand overbooking - it happens. However, when paying approximately $300.00 for a one-night stay, I expect to receive what I book. The champagne and strawberries were a nice gesture, but it did not make up for not having the jacuzzi and fireplace in the room. The standard room we received cost less than what we booked, but it was still a lot for a king bed and balcony... you can get that at a lot of hotels. The Inn is beautiful, but I expected more. We really like to have a luxurious night away - the Stonehedge Inn has the potential, but did not deliver. We might try again, and will definitely return for another meal, but I left with a not so great taste in my mouth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CleanFreak416
Queens Village, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I contacted the hotel with the following statement:

"I have to stay I was very annoyed and disappointed in my stay at your inn. My overall check in was very basic and pleasant but everything afterwards was not. While the room was well organized and clean, the amenities were very disappointing. The iron in the room while on 2 setting burned a huge hole in my dress, front desk had no needle and thread to help correct this issue very annoyed. We hang up out clothing in the closet for the ceremony the next day only to find them extremely wet due to the leaking sprinkler in the ceiling. We had to use a blow dryer to get dry and the shirt was so wet we just had to wear another one. Lastly, was when I got my actually bill, I was called earlier in the day and asked if I wanted to a foldaway bed, not once was it stated that there would an extra change applied for such a thing. I was very annoyed by that overall experience. To add insult to injury when I let the front desk know all the problems not once did I get a apologize or ask of concern. The lady just said oh and wrote it down to be looked it, very rude. I have to see these overall experience left such a bad taste to what was supposed to me and my friend sharing in a wonderful moment. You have somehow left an experience of great dislike to it. Not at all pleased."

Only be contacted by the manager and still got no satisfaction from the situation. Just sad expected so much more since the ceremony and reception was so beautiful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lashawn J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyngsboro
Radisson Nashua Hotel
Bedford Village Inn
#2 of 4 in Bedford
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center

Been to Stonehedge Inn? Share your experiences!