“Kid friendly, great music, and some awsome food at an affordable price.”
Review of Burrito Rojo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Burrito Rojo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Worth a stop. Great for the family. Beer on tap made it for me.

Reviewed November 27, 2009

We've started going to this place since we regularly drive through to visit relatives. My kids are always happy with the play space and their quesidillas -- good size portion and great price. My husband and I always get something different and it's always good, fast and friendly. We've been 5 times now and not disappointed yet. Highly recommend!

Reviewed November 18, 2009

I love eating at Burrito Rojo. The food comes quickly and in ample portions. Love the avocado tacos and even the sour cream has a little something extra. Lots of beer to choose from, and love the fact that they have such a great children's space. I also love that they are showcasing local bands and it's a great venue, with no cover, to see some of them. I've recently seen the Stone Coyotes, Heather Maloney, The Ghost Quartet, and Spirithouse there and love the acoustics.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

I eat here all of the time and have always loved it! Great atmosphere, live music on the weekends and an interactive play space for kids. I love the Salsa Verde Carnitas burrito, it has pulled pork and salsa verde and black beans, a great combo! Love their beer & wine list too. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 7, 2009

Growing up in El Paso, TX, I’m always looking for a descent place to get a good burrito. I was excited to learn about this new restaurant close to home, however was disappointed in the food when my wife and I ate there.
I had the Caliente burrito, while my wife had the pulled pork. The seasoning in the rice is so over powering that that is the only flavor I could taste. (Even hours after I was finished eating.) Where were the separate tastes of cheeses or even the sour cream? The salsa and jalapenos? Way too much rice to beans. I left half, and didn’t even want to take left-overs home.
My wife said her burrito was much better the next day, but initially said it was flat. Her remark was, “If they are not going to season the meat, they need to put salt and pepper on tables.” And again, too much rice.
The lettuce is all wrong! Running into the ribs of the Romaine doesn’t go in a burrito. I ended up having to pick the lettuce out because the “pieces” were too big. Shredded iceberg lettuce is traditional. The tomatoes they put on the side needs to be inside the burrito as well; that would help add a different quality and texture to the burrito.
Without some improvements, I’m afraid they might find their customers going to Mesa Verde in Greenfield for good, original Mexican food. Or head to LaVeracuzana in Amherst for a terrific salsa bar and burritos which taste great!
However, Burrito Rojo states in their ads they are not authentic… just original… nothing original about mediocre.

2  Thank SazzyCat