“Pizza Margherita!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Truro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Opens early with the best coffee/espresso and fresh baked pastries and egg sandwiches. Try the locals favorite; Sweet Breaker! Best lunch in town, Angus burgers, huge salads, paninis, subs wraps& slices. Rated #1 Pizza on Cape Cod; cooked by the fire on the open hearth; flame kissed. Alter ego is Sweet Escape Homemade ice cream; made on site. Come see why the locals call us the "Hearth & Soul of Truro" OPEN YEAR ROUND
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I am an Italian and I am always skeptical on trying Italian food outside Italy. But I will have to reconsider some of my prejudices. This cute take away/bakery/pizzeria/sandwich place on route 6 knows how to make pizza Margherita! As an Italian I like food to be kept simple. It is all about the quality of the ingredients mostly. I like to taste the different ingredients that should not blend but stand out individually. Savory's pizza Margherita is perfectly done. They know how to dose the right amount of mozzarella/cheese in perfect balance with very little tomato sauce and fresh sliced tomatoes and fresh basil. It's delicate and light-exactly the way that pizza Margherita should be. Crust is crunchy but soft inside and dry not greasy and heavy as American pizzas. Buonissima!

1  Thank ZoeRM
There are newer reviews for Savory and the Sweet Escape

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hubby and I were going to go to Wendy's in Orleans but opted to take a little roadtrip. Around 2pm our tummies start to growl. Well, anyone that lives on Cape Cod knows there's not much open this time of year and we were well "down Cape" by then. We remembered that we had read an article a while back about Savory and decided to give it a try. OMG! Wonderfu food for a great price. Hubby had the chicken parm sub and I had the roast beef. The sub roll was sturdy just like those of days gone by. His chicken parm was excellent with real chicken breast not the ground patty and topped with a wonderful marinara sauce and cheese and then toasted. He loved it. I had the roast beef with roasted tri-colored peppers, caramelized onions and provolone. Wishing I had gotten two now-one for a midnight snack. Place doesn't look like much from the outside especially in the winter-but DON'T drive by-you will miss truly wonderful food!

2  Thank eminana
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Right on route 6 in Truro, this friendly little cafe has a local feel, serves wonderful breakfast items and opens early! Their scones are outstanding! We always take some home before leaving the cape!

4  Thank bioguy
Reviewed November 8, 2012

They know how to run a business! The ice cream is good, the pizza is okay. They have 3 meals a day and internet access. But they don't take credit cards so bring cash.

1  Thank ustraveler07
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My only regret was that we only had time during our short stay to eat here once! They do something here for everyone - the pies and cupcakes are very good - which you might not expect from a Pizza place - this is soooo much more.

The sandwiches were big and all made with very fresh ingredients - and the salads HUGE and the home made soup really warmed us up from the rainy drizzle we had run into that night.

Between the four of us we ate till be burst and had plenty of left overs for the next day!

The potato and leek soup was not only creamy and pureed but had nice chunks of potato - that were just the correct firmness and the Italian wedding soup was so full of body we could have used a fork.

Being off season and rainy they were empty when we arrived and even though there was only one person working and we had ordered everything from soup to pie and ice cream - he was so patient and brought everything out to our table as he had it made!

3  Thank Lucy_VanPelt817