“Great Day in Tough Conditions”

Reel Deal Fishing Charters
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Truro
More attraction details
Owner description: Reel Deal Fishing Charters offers daily fishing trips for striped bass, blues, bluefin tuna, cod and more! Anglers of all ages and skill levels welcome. Voted Cape Cod's Best Fishing Charter in 2012 by NECN's Cape Cod's A-List. Fish with the best on your next Cape Cod visit!
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first time out with The Reel Deal fishing charters and I certainly hope it won't be my last. My wife and I took a bluefin tuna trip with Captain JR and had success landing a nice fish. The five star review is not entirely conditioned on the success of the trip - it's fishing , and it's fishing for an elusive and prized trophy fish, so our expectations were set going into the trip. We went out earlier in the season with another boat out of Boston and came back empty handed.

The experience with the Reel Deal started with the responsiveness, planning and organization of Elena. I've been fortunate to fish all around the country with charters both big and small and I must say that the planning and communication from the Reel Deal is second to none. It really set the tone for the service and skill that we saw out on the water.

Captain JR was friendly, knowledgeable and, most importantly - safe. The conditions were far from ideal, but we never felt nervous or at risk at any moment of the trip. Word to the wise - bring rain gear! We saw the weather report calling for sun and did not bring anything to wear. Captain JR not only brought gear for us but insisted that we wear it. I literally thanked him 10+ times along the trip for his planning and preparation as our rain gear was getting soaked from head to toe.

Captain JR never stopped working - whether it be guiding the boat from the big waves along the trip in or out, to trolling around for fish, to even helping reel the fish in when my arms and back gave out on me. All in, it was a grueling but rewarding experience. We were very happy with our decision to fish with the Reel Deal. Also, the trip was a great value. We've fished for bluefin and other large game fish in the past and were thrilled to find such a reputable organization with such great prices.

A bit of advice to those that have never done a trip like this before: in my opinion, the bluefin tuna trips are a bit more experienced than some other charter trips (striped bass). Keep in mind, you are often times traveling 30+ miles off shore (which can equate to a 2 to 3 hour, one way trip) in an open, center console boat with nowhere to hide (from the spray of the ocean or the elements). Chances are, you'll get wet (even if the sun is out) and you will see some nice swells of waves on your way out/in and while you are fishing. The boat is safe and the captains are very experienced, but I would be hard pressed to recommend the trip we took to a novice or someone who is prone to seasickness. Nothing worse than paying all that money, getting out there hours from shore and getting too sick to fish.

4  Thank dantastic16
There are newer reviews for Reel Deal Fishing Charters

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went out 8/8/13, not the best weather day, but we caught loads of Strippers and Blues. Captain JR kept us on the fish all day. My boys and I have fished for many years and Captain JR, taught us new things that we will continue to use. The boat and equipment was in great shape and the cost of the fishing trip was very fair. When your teenager tells you he's not going, because he is tired and you drag him out of bed and when the trip is over he says, That Was Awesome," you know you had a great day. My buddy recommended Reel Deal Fishing Charters and now I will recommend Reel Deal Fishing Charters to anyone going to Cape Cod.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Reel Deal Fishing Charters showed us a great day. Killer boat, rods, and tackle..Captain Bobby Rice has the program down to a science. Sometimes you fish all day, we caught all day. He kept us on the fish for hours. The entire experience was first class from sign up with Elena to Captain Bobby cutting up our fish. We landed more than 50 fish in four hours. There were several times when all of us had fish on at the same time! Captain Bobby did a great job with our kids as well. Reel Deal delivers a high quality experience for the well versed and experienced enough to adapt to your needs. We all felt like we were on a trip for us not the other way around. We will be back next year! Brad Smith, Winter Park, CO

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On July 16, 2013, our group of 12 chartered three boats with Reel Deal for a half-day striper trip. It was a truly phenomenal outing, from beginning to end. Most of our party had never been on a fishing charter before, but even for the veteran anglers among us, the experience far exceeded everyone's expectations. Despite the amount of fishing pressure on water that day (the commercial striper season had opened the Sunday before) the Reel Deal captains -- who know their business about as well as people can without being stripers themselves -- kept us on fish throughout most of the morning, even as other charters were radioing about loose lines. Each of our three boats caught more keepers than its cooler could fill. There wasn’t a dissatisfied customer in the bunch.

Also, scheduling the trip beforehand with Elena -- the eyes and ears of Reel Deal -- was a seamless experience. Her professional and pleasant demeanor throughout the transaction was more than a little appreciated. It’s what sold us on Reel Deal in the first place.

I can say without the slightest hesitation or doubt that we’ll be booking with Reel Deal again next summer—if not for a fall tuna trip!

1  Thank barndt25
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After reading the reviews on several fishing charters, we decided to go with the Reel Deal and we are so glad that we did. From soup to nuts this a a first class operation. My son and I scheduled a half day trip for stripers. Captain Bob was outstanding. As soon as we arrived at spot where the fish were running, we dropped our lines and within minutes we both had fish on. we caught about a dozen fish, packed a few to take home and let the rest go. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Bob was outstanding. He was extremely helpful, always ready to help bring on the fish, even the dog fish that were always ready to jump on the line. If you are looking for a great day out on the water the Reel Deal is the Real Deal. Thanks Bob for a memorable day

1  Thank Scott W