“makes playing lousy enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highland Golf Links

Highland Golf Links
Ranked #8 of 19 things to do in Truro
More attraction details
Owner description: Developed in 1892, Highland is the oldest golf course on Cape Cod, and one of the most spectacular.
cape cod
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“makes playing lousy enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Like a scottish links course....great walk...I kid my friends...pay the greens fee, leave the clubs in the car and walk the course....scenery is incredible

Visited September 2011
1 Thank higuy1001

Nashua, New Hampshire
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Incredible ocean views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We just played the course on 5/19 and had an enjoyable round. We only played 9 holes but the views were incredible. If you play from the Blue tees, the 6th tee is set back on the bluff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It was a sunny, beautiful day with a light breeze in the low 70s. Perfect golf weather. The course was pretty tricky though with numerous blind shots. There are a few steep holes too. #2 is a par 5 and has a narrow landing area while you hit from an elevated tee. The next hole is a par 3 that's all uphill. Depending on the wind it can be a 2 club difference. I walked the course but if you have any sort of knee or hip issue then I strongly suggest you take a cart. Most of the holes have undulations so you're constantly going up and down hills. I highly recommend the course. The people there were extremely nice and they were able to get us off about a half hour ahead of our tee time. The snack shop wasn't fully open yet but they did have beer there and we were able to sit on the deck and watch the shots coming into the 9th hole. That's a short par 3 with a steep 2 tiered green. Don't be on the wrong level...like me or par is extremely difficult. This was my first time playing there but I definitely want to go back again.

Visited May 2012

Visited August 2011
Indianapolis
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful views... tricky course”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

The Highland Links is a pretty course with great views of the lighthouse and the ocean. The course itself was quite challenging for me as a fairly unskilled intermediate golfer and a bit unkempt. It is very hilly so lie is often difficult, even in the middle of the fairway. The rough is quite rough - the grass wasn't thick but it was tall and difficult to hit out of. The greens were slow. Most of the course was dry, although there were a few sprinklers operating on the fairways while we were playing. We were able to play 2 very casual (and slow) foursomes without reservations or interruptions and that was a bonus. But none of us played very well there.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Camel122
New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Cape Cod Golf Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I played here several times this summer and plan to return. This is golf the way it once was. Highland Links, established in the 1890's, is golf at its Scottish roots. The fairways are narrow and undulating; the rough is deep and plentiful; the views are to die for. Honestly, I am a pretty good golfer and this course challenged me on almost every hole. After the third hole I left the driver in the bag and played 3 wood and irons. This is a course for smart ball strikers, not big hitters. The course is in great shape. There isn't much of a pro shop, but there are cold soft drinks available. an amazing course, different from anything you likely played before.

1 Thank DunbartonTraveler