“Excellent Extended Stay Property”

TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I been here for quite a long time i.e. almost 3 months. This was my first trip to USA.

Though the place is located little out of town near I-495.

All essential amenities are provided within the hotel and there are lots of options nearby be it McD , Gas Station , Steakhouse or cracker barrel.

All hotel staff were very courteous and helpful and helped more than what could be expected especially in the tougher times when it snowed.

The only thing which could be improved is breakfast.

All in all it was great staying there for 3 months and thanks to every hotel staff for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our family of 5 adults stayed in two suites - a 1 BR and 2BR. They were cozy and affordable. Breakfast is cold items only, but options were good - cereal and milk, muffins, breakfast bars, yogurt. Coffee is provided daily to make in the kitchenette.

My one complaint is that our 'feather free' rooms were not - a problem I find almost every time it is an option I request. Marriott offers 'feather free' when booking. I'm asthmatic and always hope that I find a room without down pillows and bedding when a property offers feather free. So far only once has it been correct at a Marriott.

Overall, this property is a good option for a visit to the Lowell area. It was affordable and only a few miles from our relatives, so visiting was easy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nothing special but the price was a value. No lobby at all, and breakfast was very basic. They do have an exercise room, and they have plenty of menus for delivery of food. If you are looking for basic accommodations, this place is fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich M
Jay A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback. I'm glad the accomodation was good and the price was also to your liking. We listened to our guests comments and we are in the process of adding a breakfast room with more breakfast items and should be finished by the end of December 2013. Hope to see you again when coming back into this area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Kudos to Marriott 800 for finding this room when Boston was booked solid and Expedia's "guaranteed" reservation elswhere was full at 10:15 P.M. on a Saturday night. We stayed 2 nights at this property and would never go back. It does mot meet Marriott standards and needs a total update.
1. Upon checking in at 11:00 P.M. I requested a second night at AAA rate. Clerk was friendly but I went to the room to confirm the rate at it should have been $118 instead of $132. He corrected it when I called the fron desk.
2. Drain in only bathroom sink did not work and took 4 minutes to drain. I called first thing in the morning and different clerk said she would have it fixed by late afternoon. Got back in the evening to find out still clogged.
3. Room stunk of Glade/air freshenter which was putred.
4. You could see though wash cloths when wet!
5. TV is 18" off the ground at foot of bed on a swivel you need ro squeeze by!
6. No bill under the door on the day of checkout. I went across the parking lot in the rain to the office and it was empty! I waited over 15 minutes and then called the 1-800# when clerk walked in. She said she had call to go on. (Too bad it wasn't for my drain the day before!)

This property needs a house cleaning in many ways IMO.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BestREMAX
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were renovating a house just outside of Boston, had sold our existing place, and needed 2 bedroom accommodations for what we thought would be 2 months. (It ended up being closer to 3 months!) The main reason for the "Very Good" rating is the staff: they were very accommodating and helpful. The rooms were basic and in need of updating but very clean. There was plenty of closet space for the 3 of us. The small gym was kept up well (and I never ran into anyone else there). It is very well situated at the intersection of 2 major highways (Routes 93 and 495). Biggest complaint: you can only open the windows a few inches because of the window stops. We had some gorgeous days during which we would have loved to fling the windows open but had to use the air conditioning instead; there was just not enough air flow.

Temporary living quarters are always difficult; I wouldn't choose this hotel for a night or two but for longer term stays, it is very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were on the road late looking for a Marriott Courtyard or Fairfield. This was the only nearby Marriott property we could find with no prior reservation. The place is clean enough, the employees friendly enough, but everything else was a step down from the Courtyards and Fairfields we try to book when we can. The breakfast in particular ... no where to sit, few options when compared to our recent Fairfield stays. No sheets or blankets in the room for our pull-out sofa, even though we were told there would be, but the staff did fix this problem promptly. A decent place to stay, but given that the price was similar to the nearby Fairfield and Residence Inn, if we had planned better, we would have stayed at either of those.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ed G
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We ended up staying at TownePlace as a last minute thing. Upon our arrival in Boston airport I noticed I accidently booked a hotel at a wrong location (too far to transport to.) All hotels in Boston were sold out for the night and TownePlace suites was the first one that had an open spot. The hotel is about 1.5hrs from Boston airport. With a transfer on a bus, train, commuter rail and taxi from Lowell Station. When we finally arrived late that night we were checked-in in a few minutes. Given a room on the first floor of the main building. The room was spacious and clean. I didn’t notice any odors or stains...etc. My room actually looked alot like the pictures on the website advertised. We showered and went to sleep and woke up around 11am the next morning. The breakfast seemed extremely simple and sleep was more important. Check out was simple. Front desk called us a taxi back to the train station the next day. If in the event I needed to stay here again I would with no hesitation. The pool looked nice, but is was around 60degrees in JULY!!! So it was very empty.I attached some pictures. Email me with any questions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback about our hotel. Hope to see you again if you're ever in the Tewksbury area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford

Been to TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover? Share your experiences!