“Nice hotel for long stays or just passing by!”

TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We had a night in TownePlace, just before going to Boston. This hotel is a bit far from downtown, but close to Revere beach metro station. You can park your car there and enjoy Boston more! Anyway, staff was friendly and the room were well decorated. Complete kitchen and nice for the long stays...but I'm wandering why you want to have a long stay in that city. Of course...comfortable beds! Breakfast ¨To go¨ are great for busy people. The hotel is like little houses =)

Room Tip: Close to Revere beach metro station
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2010

The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, but most of all, the bed was amazing. I have a tempur-pedic and this hotel bed combined with the 5 fluffy pillows to sleep on made rest one last thing I had to worry about. Shower pressure was great, and the bathroom had a constant soft nightlight. We have stayed a couple other hotels, but for this price and this rest with a full kitchen, totally worth it! :)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

After the reviews on here I was worried. When I arrived at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. The property is located right off the highway.. easy to find but not immediately on the highway. The area is clean and safe with Dunkin Donuts, gas stations, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, etc. in the immediate area. You need a car to get around. The grounds are clean and well kept and I did not worry about my car in the parking lot. The lobby is small and the "Grab and Go" sundries available for purchase in the lobby are expensive (but what do you expect) Staff was friendly and helpful with our questions. The rooms have an interior entrance so no outside hallways, corridors, etc. The shared elevator/stairway/hallways were clean and quiet. The room was perfect. I stayed in a studio suite which I found to be the perfect size for 1-2 people. It was newly renovated and clean. The shower was great (water pressure was better than expected) Hair dryer and full length mirror was convenient. The suite had a desk with a desk chair, sofa bed, chair, coffee table, end table, tv, bed and 2 night tables. The internet requires a wire which is provided. Internet was slow but ok for light browsing. The tv was a small 19" but had all the regular channels including Comedy Central, Food Network, Travel Channel, etc. which is not usually provided in a hotel. We were told the hotel should be getting flat screens in the next few weeks by the front desk. Bed was comfortable but pillows were weak. If you are staying for an extended period of time you should bring your own pillow. Room temp was comfortable and individually controlled. We stayed in the summer and the a/c was nice and cool. Kitchen was great and I was sorry we didn't get a chance to use it. Full size fridge, small cooktop and oven, small microwave and even a dishwasher were provided. I also noticed a full size coffee pot, toaster oven, pasta strainer, utensils, plates, glasses, bowls, kitchen towels, tupperware containers, pots and pans. There was also plenty of cabinet space for food. There is a grocery store about 5 min down the road called Hannafords which was really nice. We did not hear much noise from the neighbors. If you are there in the summer for an extended time I would request a room away from the pool which can get noisy. I did not get a chance to see the gym but I know there is one. I stayed here for a trial run for when I may have to stay in the future. It was better than I expected. The only thing that would make it better is if it were closer to Boston!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Liser79
Reviewed March 21, 2010

So far so good. The place is not perfect, but the staff is very willing to accommodate my reasonable concerns. I knew about and picked the place because of the monthly lower cost for my short term job. The free internet is good for emails, slow for heavy graphics web page and downloads. I especially like the healthy nutritious breakfast. For the last 4 months, that's what I have had every morning and looks like it is going to be for a while. I hope submitting this does't jinx my continue stay. Services matches up cost.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on 3 different nights throughout the month. On all three occasions the rooms were very clean and looked recently updated to some extent. The staff seemed to try to be helpful when asked. I was placed in a wheelchair accessible room and after I left the office the manager came out and informed me she had found another room for me. The gesture was very nice. The breakfast was not much, just muffins, nutri grain bars, coffee, and apples. The location is nice, right by the freeway, but not close enough that any noise is heard. The bed was comfortable. The one thing that I did not like is that the TV was very small. It looked out of place in the room and was hard to even see. I don't think they upgraded the TV's when they upgraded the rest of the room. Overall a nice clean stay considering we were in Tewksbury. (You have to remember this is a tier 1 Marriott hotel so it is nice for a tier 1)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank freq_wrld_travel
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Our first experience with a Townplace Suite was not overwhelmingly positive. In concept, these appear to be stripped down Residence Inns. We were greeted by a brusque, rather aggravating desk attendant. There was a problem with our reservation--a form had not arrived via fax for our stay--and the attendant was simply not helpful or understanding about the situation. After assuring her that everything would be squared away, we were given the room key. The room we were assigned was nice. It seemed clean and the bed was comfortable. The room, however, had a very strong, somewhat rank odor. We opened every drawer, every door, looked under the bed to see if there was anything dead in the room. Finding nothing, I opened the windows and turned on the bathroom exhaust fan to try to clear the odor while we ate supper. On return, the room seemed better so closed the windows and shut off the fan. Within 30 minutes, the smell was overpowering. I called the desk, explained the problem, and was told, "I called your room and asked how everything was after you got here. Now something is wrong?" I explained that I thought we could simply air the room out during dinner but that it had not worked and room smelled. On the other end of the phone were numerous grunts and sighs and I was told they couldn't do anything tonight--all the staff had gone home "hours ago." I was again made to feel like I was the problem and that I was somehow unreasonable. After a short conversation, they agreed to assign us a different room, which smelled fine. After about 1.5 hours in the new room, my head cleared and my nose stopped running. The new room did not have wash cloths in the bathroom and had an ant infestation. We stayed, rested fine, and reported both things to the office the next morning. The night staff had made no record of the odor in room 210 for the day manager, so I reported this as well. The day staff was understanding and accommodating. I would not stay at this particular hotel again, though. The breakfast was two kinds of cold muffins, some Granny Smith apples and coffee. Not quite the "grab and go" breakfast that one would expect. Some advice: spend the extra bucks and stay at Residence Inn if you are doing a Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 15Tubaman
Reviewed December 20, 2008

This is one of the most pathetic excuses for a hotel I have ever seen, and it is mostly because of the terrible people who work there. They seem to have the attitude that if you have the "Marriott" name then you don't have to do anything for the guests, which is exactly how they act. Don't dare to ask the staff for anything extra likes sheets, towels or room service that is above their minimal levels. If you do ask, they look at you like you have three heads, you can see they don't really want to do it, it is only grudglingly that they will end up doing anything. Also, the place is very dirty. We purposely left some dirt on the floor to see if the housekeeping would vaccum it, and of course it was still there when we came back. When I brought this fact up to the front desk they could not believe it, and continued to insist that they cleaned the room right. The supposed "grab and go" breakfast is really a big joke. They consistently ran out of the few things they were supposed to have, and the muffins for two months on end were always blueberry. I know these guys buy in volume, but can't you buy some different muffins? This hotel is also a training hotel for Marriott, so invariably you get an inexperienced trainee who does not know what they are doing, and this always happens at the worst time.
All in all, there are several other hotels in the area and I would avoid this Townplace Suites at all cost. Unfortunatelyit was too late for us.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Dave933
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston-Andover

Been to TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover? Share your experiences!