“Home in New England”

Dining options: Breakfast
Los Angeles, California
“Home in New England”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I make it a point to go to Vic's every time I'm in Boston. It's one of the best breakfast diners I've ever been to, and over the years, as I moved from MA to TX to CA, I've been to plenty!

The food is made fresh right before your very eyes. The menu always has some seasonal specials such as apple pancakes in the autumn during apple picking season or pumpkin pancakes during the autumn. They have a orange juice squeezer right behind the counter that's completely mesmerizing. My cup of coffee never goes empty.
The owner is Vic himself and his mom is his trusty and highly competent right hand woman. The waitstaff and hostesses are industrious, charming, and very friendly.
The weekends are always packed and full of people. It's always great to see you lots of families, single people, and couples. Vic's has a lot of "regulars" so it really has a community-feel.

Paris, France
“Family favorite for years! Best breakfast!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I almost didn't want to write a great review because I want to keep this place all to myself, but I felt it was time to share this as the best breakfast place ever. My family has been coming to Vic's since I was a baby. I am now 23 years old, and my father still goes every Saturday morning, I love joining him when I am home to visit. I have had so many wonderful memories here. Not only is the food amazing, but the people and the atmosphere are also wonderful! Definitely a MUST go to.

Favorite things:
Waffles- any kind is delicious, try the health nut if you want to pass the guilt of eating a delicious waffle!

Pumpkin pancakes in the fall are amazing.

I love the spinach and feta omelet and my boyfriend loves the chicken and waffles: fried chicken on top of a delicious Vic's waffle house waffle.

Finally- the OJ. If you can look past the pulp, it is freshly squeezed right in the waffle house and is the best OJ you will ever have.

We NEVER go anywhere else for breakfast. Thanks Vic's Waffle house!

• Visited September 2012
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
“Best Breakfast N. of Boston”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is great for breakfast.
You can watch them cook, clean and like am assembly line.
The home made corned beef hash is the best anywhere!!!!

• Visited July 2012
Boston
“Best breakfast place ever!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We really love Vic's. This is the only restaurant where we get up early (around 6:30A) on a weekend to go eat. The place has a line by 7:30A many times. The waffles are great and I particularly love their corn beef hash. It seems freshly home made (not out of a can) and you can really taste it. We try to go to Vic's once a week if we are in town.

• Visited June 2012
Rhode Island
“The best breakfast in New England is at Vic's!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

A group of us (about 18 people) stopped in for breakfast prior to a drive up to New Hampshire for a yearly car event at Mount Washington. In previous years we had all met at the Cracker Barrel up the street, but the group made a change to Vic’s Waffle House this year. WHAT A GREAT CHANGE IT WAS!!

The staff were amazing, fast and efficient. Everyone had a smile on their faces and made us all feel right at home. The owner, Vic, came by to make sure everything was OK and we noticed that he would make the rounds to all the tables to do the same. He also jumps in to help his staff in clearing tables, refilling coffee and making sure everyone is happy and well fed. It was great to see such dedication from an owner to his business, his customers and to be actively working to floor. Vic really does care about those eating at his restaurant.

As for the food, WOW! Awesome! Those in our group that had the waffles can’t stop talking about how wonderful they were. I had the Irish Eggs Benedict (replace the ham with corned beef hash) and they were amazing! A nice touch at Vic’s is that they make their own orange juice, fresh squeezed as you watch. You can’t get any fresher than watching the oranges drop into the juicer and right into your glass!!!

I wish I lived closer to Vic’s Waffle House, because I would be eating breakfast there at least once a week if I did. For now it will be a special stop any time we drive through the Tewksbury area.

Great job to Vic and all of his staff. I can honestly say you have one of the best breakfast places in New England!!!

• Visited June 2012