“Great food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went to Kyoto Christmas night because we found out they were open and we really enjoyed the food. We did Chinese food. The pu pu platter was very good. We loved the egg rolls. We also ordered lo main which was very good as well. It is much smaller than I expected. Definitely check it out.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

There seems to be two sides to the Kyoto Steak House in Tewksbury. One side, which appeared to be the more popular one, is the hibachi side where the chefs perform at the table that you sit around in groups. They cook all the pre-prepared ingredients right in front of you. But this was a hot summer night and so we opted for the cooler, calmer other side. We ordered two sushi/sashimi dinner plates. These came with miso soup and a small side salad. The sushi and sashimi were very good, and we were quite happy with the friendly service. Yes, we will return!

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We went to Kyoto as a family for my mother in law's 80th birthday. It was such a great experience! 15 of us took up one whole hibachi bar area and the food, service and show could not have been finer. The staff sang a Japanese happy birthday song to my mother in law and even showered her with little gifts! She was thrilled. Everything was delicious (and I'm kind of picky about restaurant food), fresh and well-prepared, and the restaurant was immaculate. I highly recommend.

1  Thank KathyIpswich_MA
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My wife and I, her sister and brother in law had dinner at Kyoto last evening. None of us had been there before last night, but we had meant to check it out. We had a lot of fun! The prices seemed reasonable for the amount of food, and dinner really was the entertainment. For the first timer who may not have experienced Japanese cuisine, we had steak and chicken combos, some scallops, with fried rice and vegetables. Pretty tame. The restaurant was busy, but we walked right in at 6:30 on a Saturday night. Our waitress was prompt at refilling beverages and asking if we needed anything else. Our chef was a little late, but the restaurant seemed short handed with cooks that night. When he arrived, he was friendly, funny, and entertaining. Good four couples as well as a group of friends or family. A mix of kids, young couples, families, and friends filled the tables.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I order take out from here often. They are always super friendly on the phone, and the one time we had an issue (I think the driver got lost), they gave us a credit there.

We usually order a soup, some sushi, and a mix of chicken fingers/ragoons/beef sticks. The food is always really good, and they always get the order right.

Been to Kyoto Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!