“You don't have to like sushi, but you do have to like fun”

Kyoto Japanese Steak House
Ranked #14 of 84 Restaurants in Tewksbury
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My wife and I, her sister and brother in law had dinner at Kyoto last evening. None of us had been there before last night, but we had meant to check it out. We had a lot of fun! The prices seemed reasonable for the amount of food, and dinner really was the entertainment. For the first timer who may not have experienced Japanese cuisine, we had steak and chicken combos, some scallops, with fried rice and vegetables. Pretty tame. The restaurant was busy, but we walked right in at 6:30 on a Saturday night. Our waitress was prompt at refilling beverages and asking if we needed anything else. Our chef was a little late, but the restaurant seemed short handed with cooks that night. When he arrived, he was friendly, funny, and entertaining. Good four couples as well as a group of friends or family. A mix of kids, young couples, families, and friends filled the tables.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I order take out from here often. They are always super friendly on the phone, and the one time we had an issue (I think the driver got lost), they gave us a credit there.

We usually order a soup, some sushi, and a mix of chicken fingers/ragoons/beef sticks. The food is always really good, and they always get the order right.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

5 of us went for the tepenyaki meals! The food was all great (amongst us we had the chicken & steak combo, salmon, and red snapper). All great food. The chefs were all really enjoying what they did, and really interacted with the patrons! A birthday party brought a fun song and a bunch of waiters while delivering the chosen birthday confection!

Only think to note was that I had specified to the waiter that I had a shellfish allergy, and the chef wasn't notified and put my food on the grill with the shrimp. When the chef was made aware of it, it was quickly fixed and my meal was made correctly.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Ask for ben.. master chef will dazzle your guests with sushi excellence

2  Thank Wolfgang V
Reviewed January 29, 2010

The best thinghere is teh sushi which is fresh and very appetizing. The grill is like any other Japanese steak house, always good neevr different or exceptional. Then again the kids love the show and the food is perfect for them.

Been to Kyoto Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!