Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
$106
$99
$105
La Quinta
All reviewsliving roomconvenience storethe staff was greatmake your own wafflesbasketball courtrooms are comfortablewashers and dryersbreakfast buffetsmall kitchenwould stay here againdunkin donutsyogurtwaffle makerparking lottvfireplaceboston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

You check into one building, walk back to your car, drive to your assigned building, try to find parking, walk up stairs with no elevator option, then wake up and walk quite a ways outside to breakfast... not a big fan of this place

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Greg S
Reviewed September 23, 2013

One bedroom suite has sliding, curtained glass doors which separate the living room from the bedroom. Living room opens into the kitchen, which has a two-stool counter for dining. Kitchen has a door which opens to the bathroom, and the bathroom opens to the bedroom. So you can easily access any of the 3 sections of the suite from wherever you are. I have never seen this layout in any suite hotel before. It was compact, but easy & efficient to maneuver around. Only complaint was the couch/sofa bed, which was stylish in design but not comfortable. They offer complimentary breakfast but you do have to go outdoors & walk a minute to get to it, so plan for that in colder temps. Overall, very good hotel in a convenient location (gas station is right next door, as is I-495, and you can jog past the beautiful houses on and around Andover Street).

Room Tip: building 7, 2nd floor, was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JosephineBreadBaker
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Was a little worried about the locations so close to the highway, but very quiet, nice room (even right over the front entrance, still quiet) large suite room clean and comfortable. would definately consider this property again when traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maine04428
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I relocated to the Andover area in April. Due to the extremely brutal rental market in the area, I had to stay in hotels until I could find a house. I spent my first month at the Residence Inn Andover, which was great with excellent guest services and very friendly management.
In june I moved to the Residence Inn Tewksbury, and that was a huge mistake. Some of the front desk people are nice and try to help you, but the rest and specially the management are terrible. I had some issues trying to accomodate the dates when I finally found a house in the area, and had to extend my stay several times. The last time I had to extend my stay my room was already booked, but instead of giving me other choices (like moving to a smaller room/finding a room in the nearby Residence Inn Andover or even the Fairfield Inn) the manager looked at me and said "there is nothing I can do"... Awesome, you have a customer staying 3 months at your hotel and when he tries to extend his stay for an extra 2 days you say "there is nothing I can do"... Great customer service.
The worst came actually after we checked out. We had to spend several months at the hotel so we used the hotel address for some of the paperwork (visa, etc). The day we moved out I went to the reception and asked whether they could hold my mail for a couple of weeks, since there were some address changes that could not be completed in time. The folks at the Residence Inn Andover did this for me for more than 2 months, so I guessed there were no issues with this. The front desk lady told me that it was OK, so I let but kept coming back every two days to pick up my mail.
A few days later we discovered by accident that the hotel was refusing my mail, so I drove back to the hotel and explained them again that I had changed my address but there were some important letters already on their way and could not change the address. For the second time they told me they were going to hold the mail for me, but again a few days later we found out they refused to receive my wife's work permit we were waiting for months.
Terrible customer experience, we are still trying to track down my wife's work permit so we don't have to spend months again dealing with the USCIS. My wife and daughter are in Brazil waiting for this work permit so they can re enter the US again but thanks to the people at the Residence Inn Tewksbury I will have to wait another month to see my wife and daughter again. Way to go Residence Inn Tewksbury.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank sebastianz953
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Lowell is an interesting urban area to visit. It has many festivals throughout the year but also has a great historic park and other museums (trolley and textile museums). It is also close to some amusement parks in NH. Anyway we visited the hotel and stayed in the handicapped unit. It was 2 bedroom, 2 bath with sleeping couch for additional people, full kitchen. Plenty of space. We were right next to lobby and pool which was good. There were 3 flat screen TV sets in the unit. The handicapped bathroom was huge and had a walk in shower. Great for someone in a wheelchair. My husband had more room than in our own residence. The front desk was very helpful in directing us to activities in Lowell and restaurants. The place is located right next to a gas station/minimart which had everything you will need in your visit. It is next to a restaurant which has a wonderful gift shop but food wasn't as good as I thought it would be. There are plenty of other restaurants along Andover Street.

My favorite part of the hotel was the wireless internet and also the breakfast. It had everything you could ask for and plenty of it. (scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles (you make yourself) french toast, several muffins, bread, bagels, oatmeal with nuts, rasins you can add, fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), juice (apple and OJ), coffee, yogurt (greek and low fat). The staff was great and gave me takeout box. You will not go away hungary. They have evening eats but that is during week and we were only there 2 days. I have stayed at residence inns before and it gives you lots of room for an adult family.

Room Tip: If somone in your party needs a handicapped bathroom request Room 211. It is right next to lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family