“Older hotel, but very clean”

Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The hotel is a bit older, and it does show wear, but it's been updated and is very (very) clean.

While not a part of the hotel, the fuel station next door has a drive through dunkin donuts - so, it's great to get coffee on the way to work !!!

Room Tip: I prefer building building 7 - it's towards the back and is quiet and away from I-495 traffic no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eliz1974
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed one night in early May. We had driven all day and swung in to get their last room. The room (mini apartment) was more than the two of us really needed. The unit itself was nice and equiped with the basics. A light dinner and salad bar, along with breakfast buffet was included. We opted to dine elsewhere but breakfast was tasty and fillng. The one off-putting item was the staff behind the desk when checking in. One manager was munching on a cookie from the buffet and the other was engrossed with his cellphone. He kept telling me what a good deal I was getting on their "last room".....like he was doing me a favor. Image is everything....go text away from the public.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rleNewEngland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in this place for a week and half in August of 2012. I chose the place because it was near to the office. The place is easy to find. The place only has a breakfast service so it is a hassle to find dinner if you get late. The apartments were ok, but outside apartments was not very clean. In the apartments adjacent to mine, there were guests with a large dog which did not let me sleep for many days.

The staff is good and the service is decent.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I were surprised at just how nice it was. Easy to get to off of I-495. Lovely and comfortable and using a word to describe it that is rare for me, intimate. Very nicely decorated. VERY comfortable bed. Nice flat screen TV's. Very clean and functional bathroom. One of the best and diverse breakfasts we have ever enjoyed in our travels. Great staff who answered more than a few questions I had about the Residence Inn. I must confess that we normally stay next door at another place but they have been going up on their prices so I thought I'd try an on-line fixed price. We got more than we bargained for and we look forward to staying there again in the fall on the return to Fl.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be far enough away from traffic so asking for a specific room I don't thin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 70 consecutive nights beginning around the start of October. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this location to our friends. Thumbs up to the place itself and double thumbs up to the staff.

I can't say enough about how wonderful they all were. Over the course of 10 weeks I had multiple interactions with nearly every member of the staff. I also witnessed members of the staff interacting with other guests. Everything I witnessed was positive. Everyone was welcoming. Their smiles (worn at least 90% of the time) felt genuine and the attention they gave guests always seemed in earnest.

The room was nice with modern appliances and updated bath/shower. Plenty of drawer space. There is a fair amount of closet space. If you have a lot of clothes you will need to pick up a pack of additional hangers. The bed and linens were comfortable. Good water pressure in the shower. Hot water sometimes began to fade on me, but I take very long showers. Housekeeping rocked the towel service.

We made use of our kitchen space and cooked quite often. The supplied cookware met our needs, however the knives were dull and we ended up buying our own locally. The dishwasher worked fine. We usually ran a load after dinner. The next day housekeeping would often unload and store. Nights when we ignored the dishes we would come home the next day to find them cleaned and stored. The only negative about housekeeping was they didn't dust everywhere. To their credit they were very thorough the times I specifically asked them to dust the curtains and window treatments.

The wireless internet worked fine. There is a step where you need to agree to the terms of service - which kept my blu-ray player from connecting to Netflix. The TV's have many inputs. If you only use one of the TV's I suggest unplugging the other so it's not effected by the remote.

The laundry facility was what you expect with any coin-operated setup. They never clean as good as the ones at home. The room gets a lot of use so plan your washing sooner rather than later.

The hot breakfast is great if you aren't concerned about calories. If you are they have light options like cereal, yogurt, and fruit. The evening fare is hit or miss, but I always enjoyed making a large salad.

The fitness room had average equipment, but the overall experience was above average because of the little touches. The room was always clean. There were always fresh towels (some softer than others), a nice scale, water cooler, and individual TV's for each machine. Also, you have access to the room thermostat which makes it easy to crank down the air so you don't steam the place up. The treadmills had some wear on them and the elliptical machine felt oddly placed in the room. Outdoors there is a mile loop with sidewalks that you can walk/run from the hotel. Two miles away is Hagget's Pond which has awesome trails. Looping the pond is a little over three miles.

Checkout was great. After a 10 week stay we had accumulated a fridge full of condiments and other perishable foods. We had also put holiday decorations on our deck and door. They told us not to worry about any of it.

Room Tip: Rooms near the sport court can be noisy when it's in use.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Bad: Cleanliness, room size, broken fixtures...

Good: Staff, breakfast.

Definitely NOT worth Marriott category 3 status. We spent one night here and it was enough. Changed to the Fairfield Inn nearby.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, be sure to ask for a room away from the freeway. Don't bother paying extra f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Berlin1926
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed three nights with family - three rooms. Good value at $109 per advance rate. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Location is near highway so a bit noisy. Three floors and we stayed on 1st floor and could hear folks walking above occasionally. Very nice free breakfast with lots of seating in the common lobby area. Small sundry shop with snacks and beverages is convenient.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover

Been to Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover? Share your experiences!